Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wastin' Time

Actually I don't consider hanging out with either of my grandkids a waste of time, but I wanted to twist the lyrics of "Sittin' By The Dock Of The Bay" to use in this layout. Michelle was sitting on the dock playing with one of the ropes used to tie up the boats and I was making sure she didn't decided to jump (fall) in.
My family was hanging out at our friends dock at Donner Lake on the 4th.

I am entering this layout in Creative Scrappers.
This was the sketch:
I cut the title letters out with my Wall Decor and More Cricut cartridge which I recently won from By Adrian 4 U during her blogaversary! Thank you again Adrian!
This cute little vintage chipboard piece is from Jenni Bowlin.
And these darling wooden buttons are from Sweetwater, which I think is not in existence anymore :(.

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, blue; patterned paper - Stars of Loyalty, Petticoat Plaid, Celebration Banner and patriotic Polkadot from American Made by My Minds Eye; ink - Royal Blue by ColorBox; buttons - Sweetwater; twine - Papertrey Inc.; Magic Mesh; stickers - Est 1776 - Reminisce; vintage embellishment - Jenni Bowlin; letters cut with Wall Decor and More Cricut cartridge; font - LD Beatnik

Hope you enjoy taking a peek, and your comments always make my heart happy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Cute Picture! - Katie

Mom said...

Cute-Girls and the layout, both. I like the embellishments and colors you used for this, also. Great Job !

girlia said...

cute

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout - great choice of paper thanks for sharing!!!

Diane Hodrick said...

So cute..and now I'll be singing that song all night too. ;)

CathyK said...

Very cute!