Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rooster Plate

I saw this plate yesterday at Goodwill when my daughter and I were making the thrift store rounds.
When I saw it, I knew just what I wanted to do with it!


For only .99 it was a pretty easy decision.


I came home and went to My Cut Search and typed in Rooster to see what cartridges had roosters in them. There were three that I really liked. Rather than waste vinyl I cut them out in black paper so that I could try each of them out on my plate.

This one is from "From My Kitchen"


This one is from "Wall Decor and More".


And last, this one is from "Just Because Cards"


I ended up liking the rooster from "Wall Decor and More" the best on the plate. I cut it out @ 7" from black vinyl, applied it to the plate and ended up with this.


Easy Peasy!!!! And, here it is, in its place, in my kitchen.




Thanks for looking!!!

Hope your having a great weekend!!!!

19 comments:

Amy E said...

What a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

WOW ! I LOVE your plates !! They turned out to be a perfect match- plate for rooster. Clever method you used to save on the vinyl while deciding what to do. On all counts a GREAT job !

My Need 2 Craft said...

These are awesome Esther! :)

Terri said...

Really really adorable!! I use the same method that you do before I cut on either paper that I LOVE and am afraid that I will make a mistake or on vinyl. I use either colored or plain printer paper that way I don't waste my cardstock. But, great job... I love the rooster that you picked. Before I saw the last rooster I said to my self.. That one!! It looks really adorable up on your shelf. Love it!! Terri of
Two Pink Peas
www.twopinkpeas.blogpsot.com

Crafterkhush said...

This looks soo cool.. I don't have any of these fancy die cutting machines but I think I now need one.. Brilliant work Esther..>!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Very nicely done, they look wonderful :)

Diane Hodrick said...

That looks great...what a fantastic idea!

Betty Wright said...

Esther! WHOA! This is AMAZING! Love the trash to treasure for home decor, but you have taken it even farther! Fantastic!

DIANA L. said...

This is a really nice project love the idea.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

This is great! I love it:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

your plate is outstanding! I may have to lift this idea! :)

Norma said...

WOW! Esther love that idea and what a great find:) TFS
Hugs

girlia said...

cute

Cindy Beland said...

These are awesome Esther!I LOVE your plates, AMAZING job and SUPER idea!!:)

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! that's a great idea. You can't beat the price either!! thanks for the idea.

Liz

CraftyJAR said...

Wow that is great Esther. So easy and really good price. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Esther this is a super cute project... congrats and welcome to the team...

thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us..

Ivette_DT

Shawn Mosch said...

It turned out great! And I love that you cut all three images you found on MyCutSearch out of paper first to see which one would work best. I agree . . . the one from Wall Decor and More looks PERFECT!

CathyK said...

WOW! I am going to have to tuck this away as a hint for Christmas!