Friday, July 29, 2011

Blue Birthday

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have some fun plans for the weekend! My Hubby's birthday is tomorrow and so I thought I better get busy and make a card for him. Celebrate The Occasion is having a challenge this week to make something "Any Occasion (blue and white)". I wanted to support my team and enter something, so I thought why not make my husbands birthday card blue and white. I got my inspiration for this card from a design by Ryann Salamon.


I cut out a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" card from white cardstock. I covered the front, with some blue magic mesh. I cut a strip of blue cardstcok 12" long and pleated it with my scor pal. 1" then 1/2", then 1" then 1/2" and so on. Stapled the pleated piece to the card. Then I Added a star cut at 2 3/4" with George and Basic Shapes, a ticket that I added a birthday rub on to, a word sticker and a button.


Pretty simple, but makes a nice masculine card I think. Why don't you head over to Celebrate The Occasion and show us your creation in blue and white!!

Supplies used: cardstock - white, 2 shades of blue, magic mesh in blue, blue staples - Making Memories; blue man ticket - Jenni Bowlin; George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge; word sticker - Authentique; rub on - Franks sidekicks by American Crafts; button and floss - my stash

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Esther...great card. Love the magic mesh and the doodling. Great!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning at msn dot com

Mom said...

Great card for a man. Color choice is good and I especially like the ticket saying "Happy Birthday". I know that your man will like it !

Crafterkhush said...

Great colour combo and I love that star with the faux stitching.. :-)

Adrian said...

very nice!

Jenni said...

I love that ticket! Such a creative idea! Thanks for joining us over at CTO this week. Super job.
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

What a cool card! I love the mesh. Great job and thanks for playing at CTO!

Betty Wright said...

Cool card, Esther! Great colors and I love the layered elements! The magic mesh is a great look!

Laurie said...

Very cute!!! The mesh looks good, I have some in my stash but still haven't used it, guess I need to bust it out!! lol Thanks for joining us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

girlia said...

cute card. Love the mesh

Trail of Treasures said...

Great job with the challenge Esther! I'm sure your husband loved the card!

Your fellow DT member,
Tracey

Jayne said...

Great card Esther.Love the mesh and the ticket.
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Great job with the challenge.. very nice...

thanks for playing this week with us at CTO...

Ivette_DT

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love the mesh and your ticket is so cute, great card :)

Anonymous said...

You are right it is a perfect man card. I love the Blue Man Ticket, it adds just the right touch!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)
hugs
Deanne
http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Great guy card! I know your hubby will love it!

Your CTO DT pal,
Jessica

Norma said...

Cool card!! It's a great masculine card, I always have a hard time with them myself:) TFS
Hugs

Crafting Misfit said...

Ok I have never seen this magic mesh! I need me some! How clever!

Thanks for joining us at CTO!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Celebrate the Occasion DTM
Visit my blog!

CathyK said...

Great card!!! Love it!

Aim said...

Esther -- SUPER card!! I'm always looking for ways to use the magic mesh that I just couldn't live without!! LOL... THIS is a GREAT design!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion with DT1 last week!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Join the FUN on Facebook!! :)
Love To Crop! facebook page