Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Catch

We had a wonderful time at Donner Lake on the 4th! My grandson saw some of our friends fishing off of the dock and he wanted to try. You know what they say about beginners luck, well, he reeled in a pretty good fish for his first try!

I am entering this layout into the challenge at Once upon a Sketch
I distressed the "discover" by distressing the edges, then crumpling it up and inking it. The fishing pole was cut at 5 1/4" with Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge.
I sprayed the layout with walnut spray ink by Tsukineko, although I am not at all happy with the results. I think maybe I was was to heavy handed. The fish was cut at 5" with Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge. I popped it up with pop dots for some dimension. I used a couple of really small dots of glossy accents to hold the fishing line down in a couple of places.
A couple more fishes cut at 4 1/2" and 5" with the same cartridge. I, again, used pop dots on one of them.
Here is the sketch we were to use:
Supplies used: Patterned papers - 24th St. Market by My Minds Eye, Go Jump In A Lake and Journaling Cards in Mr. Campy by Cosmo Cricket; alphabet stickers - Blitzen by Basic Grey; chipboard alphabet - Bazzil Wings in Brown; String - my stash; Walnut Spray Ink by Tsukineko; Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge; Pop Dots

Thanks for taking a peek!

10 comments:

Ella Swan said...

What a cute layout! Thanks for sharing at Once Upon a Sketch!!

Mom said...

I love your layout. The photo of Jeff and his catch is darling. It clearly shows how happy and proud he is of his accomplishment. The colors, textures, and embellishments on this project are GREAT ! What a nice way to celebrate this special event. Atttttttttt !

girlia said...

Adorable LO.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love how you cut the pp into a circle and the little fishing rod. Such a cool take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Your son is a sweetie pie:) http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Norma said...

WOW!! Esther you are so good with your layouts:) just adorable. The paper goes perfect with the pictures. Love it
hugs

Diane Hodrick said...

He's such a cutie....do you think he was proud of that catch? ;) What a cute layout!

Irma said...

great LO!
Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

sandi said...

This is so cute! Love all the fishing embellies and that pic is just adorable!

CathyK said...

Darling layout of a memorable moment!