Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home Frame

I saw this darling Home Decor project by Kristen Swain in the Jun/Jul copy of Cricut magazine. I just had to do my own version to hang in my entry!!


I started with a frame from Walmart, I think it was only $8! I removed the mat and sprayed it with Adirondack Color Wash in Lettuce. I picked four different papers for the picture openings. The grass was cut with the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge (I cut two out using the fit to length feature set at 7 1/4") and the letters are Tall Ball from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 3 1/4".
I cut 3/4" strips of paper length wise and glue them to the mat. Over the bottom strip I added a textured border sticker.


The house replaced the letter O. I cut the house at 4" with Going Places. The roof is strips of paper that I border punched and glued together. I decorated the roof with some buttons, put some paper behind the door opening and added a black pearl for a doorknob. I attached the house with pop dots to give it more dimension.


I used glue dots to attach the ribbon to the back and several places on the front so it would look more flowing.

Supplies used: patterned papers - Remnant in Odds & Ends, Strawberry Fields in Garden Variety, Brunch and Sunrise in Early Bird, Tall Sally in Jitterbug all by Cosmo Cricket, Life Creme by 7Gypsies, Weathered Thyme by Lasting Impressions; Adirondack Color Wash in Lettuce by Ranger Industries; textured border sticker in Chloe by Three Bugs In A Rug; border punch - EK Success; black pearl - Bo Bunny; buttons - Crate Paper and SEI; ribbon - Comstock by We R Memory Keepers; Plantin Schoolbook and Going Places Cricut cartridges; Pop Dots; Glue Dots.




Thanks for taking a look!!!

14 comments:

Jayne said...

Esther,love this. I think I may have to 'borrow' this idea.
Jayne

Diane Hodrick said...

This is adorable. I would love to make one for my daughter who is going to college this year for her new dorm room.

girlia said...

cute

Adrian said...

so cute!

Norma said...

WOW!! Esther you sure do amaze me!! This is just beautiful:) Love the house and the buttons. Thank you for posting my blog candy so sweet! Thank you for your continued support!!
Big Hug

Betty Wright said...

Esther, this is amazing! Beautiful design and detailing! Wonderful home decor piece! WOW FABULOUS, girl!

Mom said...

What a wonderful, happy, welcoming decorative work to hang in your entryway. It is a splendid choice of everything you used to make this outstanding piece. Excellent !!!

Crafterkhush said...

A die cutting machine is soo on my wish list.. love the frame.. :D

Sherrie K. said...

This is simply adorable Esther! I bet it looks super cute in your entry:) Love the little house and the buttons add a great touch. I will defiantly have to make of these..Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your home plaque is just darling!

xo,
Danielle

CathyK said...

Just darling!! What a lovely way to welcome people into your beautiful home!

ScrappyRae10 said...

I love it so much. I have decor in my home all over about family and home. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Hi! I am a new follower, sent over by Amy at Love to Crop. I had the pleasure of looking through your blog and love what I see, I will enjoy following you and congrats on being as new member of the DT!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a great way to enter your home, really wonderful :)