Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Parade

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th! We had a lot of fun on the 4th. Our friends have a home on Donner Lake and we spent the evening there. My grandson reeled in his first fish (LO to come). We took my kids and my grandkids out on our boat to see the fireworks that they shoot off over the lake. As always they were simply fantastic!

This is a layout of my grandson Jeff with his cousin Max and his friend Gordon watching the 4th of July parade. I am entering it into two challenges, My Sheri Crafts and Creative Scrappers.
I made some rosettes and did a little doodling.

For the challenge at My Sheri Crafts the theme is Independce Day or Canada Day and for Creative Scrappers you were to use this sketch:

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, light blue and white; patterned papers from Firecracker Collection by Sweetwater; chipboard letters - Roller Rink Thickers by American Crafts; Scribbles Doodling Templates by Sweetwater; diamonds cut at 3 1/2" with George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge; accent6 cut at 2 1/4" with Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge; stamp - dollar bin at JoAnn's; Pop Dots.

10 comments:

Mom said...

I like the layout and colors you used on this project. Cute kids ! Glad you all had a great 4th.

girlia said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch.

Sheri said...

SO SWEET! I wish I could do layouts?!? Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I love your take on the sketch!

Sherrie K. said...

Oooh, for sweet!! What an awesome layout! The colors are awesome~thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Norma said...

Hi Esther, OMG what a fabulous LO!!! Love those rosettes and the paper in the background!! I really need to get some LO's done and you sure inspire to me get on it LOL!!!
Hugs

Donna and Sara said...

Beautiful layout. Donner Lake is amazing, I have fond childhood memories of camping there. If you ever get down to the Sacramento area, give me a shout out. There is an amazing scrapbooking store in Rocklin!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow I look this page - fantastic x
Must find some time to do some scrapbooking x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

CraftyJAR said...

Love this layout!

CathyK said...

O.M.G. 'nuff said!