Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Exciting News

I have been so excited since I found out and could hardly wait until today to tell you the news!!!
I made the design team for Celebrate The Occasion!
If you have never been to this challenge blog you should definatly go check it out. It is a challenge blog to celebrate special occasions throughout the year! It was one of the first challenge blogs I found when I started blogging. I love holidays and special occasions and I have always enjoyed entering their challenges, so naturally when I found out they had a call out for DT's I threw my hat into the ring.

They asked for a birthday themed project and I came up with a birthday party set that I call "Hot Diggity Dog":

For the invitation I made a 4 1/4" card with a pocket. I cut the Dalmatian out at 2 1/2" with the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge and for the dog bone I used pluto-s cut at "fit to length" 5 1/2" with Disney & Friends cartridge. The font I used is Comic Sans.


For the cupcake wrapper I used the Life's A Party Cricut cartridge. I cut the wrapper on pg 56 and the wrapper on pg 41. Both were cut at "fit to length" 8". For the topper I used the Accent Essentials cartridge to cut the circles, accmt1s cut at 2 1/2" and accnt9s cut at 2 1/4". The dalmatian was cut at 2 1/4" with Create A Critter.

I went on to make a goodie bag, starting off with a plain paper lunch sack. I stamped across the bottom of the sack with the paw from I Heart Dog in the Friends Furever line by We R Memory Keepers.
I covered the front of the bag with red cardstock. Added a dalmatian, again cut with Create A Critter, this time at 3 1/4". I attached a yellow tag with the childs name and Doggie Bag printed using Comic Sans font on white cardstock and matted with black. Embellished the tag with ribbon as well as punching holes in the top of the bag and using ribbon to tie it closed.

Supplies use: cardstock - red, yellow, black, white, light grey; eyelets - We R Memory Keepers; ribbon - American Crafts; stamp - I Heart Dogs in Friends Furever by We R Memory Keepers; paper lunch sack; wood skewer; font - Comic Sans

I hope you'll join me for some fun over at Celebrate The Occasion, all the DT's have some wonderful projects to show you!!!

I know you'll enjoy the challenges, so come on over and play with us!!!

27 comments:

Scrappin Diva said...

That dog is darn cute!! You did a wonderful job !!

LaKesha

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Congrats Esther! Super duper cute projects. ~Shen

GiGi said...

This set is ADORABLE! Congrats on making the CTO DT!

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness, This is the cutest set!! It is all doggone adorable! Congratulations!!

Beebeebabs said...

Congrats Esther. Love love love your project you did a great job thanks for sharing!!!

Jessica said...

Esther -- congrats on the DT! I'm new to CTO DT also and am excited to serve with you!

I am IN AWE of all your party creations. I especially like the paw prints on the cupcake wrapper. Such wonderful details!

(And as I was typing this, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song of "Hot Diggity Dog" is playing in the background!) :)

Jessica
http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

These are just so CUTE! I'm so excited to be joining you on the CTO team! Congrats!
Hugs, Jenni

Laurie said...

Congrats Esther! I made the team too, looking forward to working with you!!! And your projects are adorable!!!!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

congrats how exciting I too am on the team, cant wait to work with you, these pary items are so cute, you should enter them on the decorate to celebrate blog it is kids party decoration challenge these would be perfect. hugs

Yvonne said...

This party set is adorable! Great job on all the details.
I'm joining you as a newbie on the CTO DT~ Can't wait to get started!
~Yvonne

Adrian said...

Congrats, glad to have you aboard!

Mom said...

One word-Adorable"!! It makes one smile just looking at it. This set is simply perfect for the challenge that was given. Congratulations on making the design team. I can see why !!

DIANA L. said...

Congrats on making the team! Looking forward to designing with you
Your project is awesome What a great birthday ensemble, and the colors are perfect. too cute for words

DIANA L. CTO DTM
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Raina said...

You are so crafty! Contrats on being chosen for the DT!! Great job on your design! I look forward to seeing all your work!

I'm also a fellow DT member!

Raina,
http://scrapwithraina.blogspot.com/

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Yayyy Esther, I always love seeing your work and you outdid yourself, it is all so fabulous!! Congratulations to you and I look forward to being on the DT with you :)

Jayne said...

Amazing projects.Congratulations and looking forward to working with you over at CTO.

Trail of Treasures said...

Love the themed projects! The "hot diggity dogs" will definitely be a big hit! ;) I absolutely love that cart!! Congrats on making the design team and I look forward to working with you over at CTO!

Hugs,
Tracey

Nicole said...

Oh, I love everything! Awesome job!! Welcome to our awesome CTO family.

Nicole

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

I LOVE YOUR PROJECTS YOU ENTERED!! Just thought I'd yell to get my point across, lol. Congrats on making the DT, I can't wait to see more of your work. I am returning DT member and I LOVE IT!

-Paper Panther

http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurplePeepsVideos

Norma said...

OMG OMG! Esther these projects are adorable!! Congratulations on the DT Woo Hoo for YOU!!!! very happy for you:)
Hugs

Unknown said...

This is so friggin cute! I love the puppies! Congrats on making the design team!

Mary said...

I Love this project, it is simply adorable!! Congrats and welcome to the DT, look forward to working with you.

Mary
www.marebearscraps.blogspot.com

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

I love that dalmatian set! So cute, what fun ideas for a party!! Congrats and looking forward to working with you on the CTO Design Team!

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

Crafterkhush said...

Congratulations on making it to the the DT.. and such a cute set.... !!

CathyK said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! They know talent when they see it! This set is precious! Very clever and just adorable! FANTASTIC job!

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Esther,This is sooo STINKIN' CUTE!AMAZING job with all your SWEET projects,JUST AWESOME!!:)

Kathy Salido said...

such a cute project, love that little doggie.
Amy from ove to Crop sent me to say congrats on making the CTO design team :)
Kathy
salido99@msn.com