Sunday, July 24, 2011

Princess Peanut

My nickname for my granddaughter Michelle is Princess Peanut. I've been calling her that since she was born and about the size of a peanut. Her first birthday party is today and my daughter is having a teddy bear princess party. She's making a darling teddy bear cake with a pan she got at Williams Sonoma, and making a dress, crown and wand with fondant. I made a banner and some treat sacks for her party and they will be in a future post for Celebrate The Occasion.

Today I am posting the card I made for her using the sketch from Mojo Monday this week. I am entering into the challenge for this week.


This is the sketch:

Supplies used: Cardstock - pink, turquoise, black, white, gold glitter; patterned paper - Princess Tiara from Ever After by pebbles; Labels 1 and Lacey Circles Nestabilities by Spellbinder; ribbon - Michael's; rhinestones - Lush by My Minds Eye; border punch - Martha Stweart; Swiss Dots embossing folder by Sizzix; crown cut from Once Upon A Princess Cricut cartridge cut at 1 1/4"; Pop Dots

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Adrian said...

very pretty, she will love it!!!!

Crafterkhush said...

Really Really cute.. Wishing your grand daughter a very happy birthday.. I loved the Mojo monday sketch myself and made a card too.. Yours is just so much better... :D

Lisa Elton said...

So sweet...the crown and the gems are darling!

Norma said...

Happy Birthday to your grand daughter!!! Love the bling on the crown and all the pink! Very cute card for her, she'll love it!
Hugs

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What an adorable card, she will absolutely love it especially with it being so personalized :)

Mom said...

One word-Darling ! Well Done ! Also, it is perfect for her scrapbook.