Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Love

These pictures of Michelle (my granddaughter) and her Daddy were taken at Asilomar Beach on our trip to Monterey. I thought they were just to precious not to scrapbook. I used the red stars from her sweatshirt as inspiration to add a punch of red to my layout. I am entering it in the challenge at Creative Scrappers.

Here is the sketch from Creative Scrappers:


A couple close ups:



Supplies used: cardstock - blue, yellow; patterned papers - Barefoot Surf, Barefoot Bubbles, Barefoot Cutouts - all from Barefoot & bliss by Bo Bunny; word stickers - Kitch sticker market by the girl's paperie; chipboard letters - Holiday Traditions by Anna Griffin; buttons - my stash; bakers twine - Papertrey Inc.

Looking forward to the weekend, how about you?

12 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

your grand daughter is an angel....she is just soo precious and adorable.. :-)

ScrappyRae10 said...

Love it. Such cute pictures!

Lisa Norris said...

This is just so cute...awesome job!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Esther,
This is just adorable:) I love the simplicity of the layout. It really allows you to focus on the photos:) And she is adorable!http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Mom said...

Adorable ! What a beautiful photo, layout, colors, embellishments and most certainly the sentiment. Great Job !

Sherrie K. said...

There is something so sweet about a daughter/father layout:) I love it:) You did a fantastic job! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Ester - What an adorable layout, it helps that it includes such a darling baby!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a very nice comment!
I have been a subscriber for a while, but I became a follower tonight. Love your work
hugs
Deanne
http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute layout!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What sweet pictures, love the LO and your color choice is wonderful :)

Romina Nahata said...

hi !!just pretty L.O !! i hv a giveaway on my blog !!do hv a peep !!

Norma said...

WOW! Esther your layout is fabulous and the picture is adorable:) Great job!

CathyK said...

How sweet!! Nothing like a dad and his daughter!