Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dapper

My grandfather, Howard Johnson, was always a very dapper man. He always dressed very nicely and I have two old photos of him which show that. I created this layout with them and originally was hoping to enter it into the DT call at Twisted Sketches, but because of problems with my computer I couldn't get it in by the deadline last night :(. I had wanted the photos to be in the same tone, but I did not have the negatives and could not seem to scan them and get a decent looking copy to alter. After a few tries, I gave up trying to scan the black & white photo and change it to sepia, and just went with the original photo's I had.

Anyway, here is the layout:


And here is the sketch. The Twist to this sketch is "Vintage" - whichever way that word moves you to create - it can be in the title, the feeling from the photo, product you used on your layout - whatever goes!


Some close-ups of my rosettes, one is from fabric paper.



Supplies used: cardstock kraft, burgundy, core'dinations Black Magic Collection; patterned paper - Life's Journey Green Stripe Flat Paper by K & Co.; Mixed Mini Stripe, A Proper Gentleman Borders from A Proper Gentleman Collection by Graphic 45, Red Houndstooth by Jenni Bowlin, linen fabric cardstock; brads - Making Memories; rosettes made with Tim Holtz Alterations dies by Sizzix; journaling tag - Jenni Bowlin; Glubers by Cosmo Cricket; Letters cut with Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge at 2" and 1 1/2"

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Excellent Job ! Wonderful use of all elements-photos, background and embellishments. A beautiful tribute to your grandfather !

Crafterkhush said...

This is excellent...What a tribute to your granddad.. Love those rosettes...

CathyK said...

Terrific job! Grandpa was quite dapper and pretty darn funny too! Great layout showcasing a wonderful man!

GabyCreates.com said...

Hi Esther, Great LO and tribute to your grandfather!
I also stopped by to ask you something... could you please email me at scrapabookaholic at hotmail dot com? Hugs, Gaby

Beebeebabs said...

Wow Esther - very nice layout and tribute you did a very nice job thanks for sharing!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW BEAUTIFUL job with this one to!I LOVE all great paper and details!!:)