Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Magic Box

Why is it that no matter what the super new toy you've just bought for your child is, they find playing in a box the most fascinating??? Well, it seems to be true for Jeff and Michelle!
They had a ball playing in this box, and I just had to scrap the pic.

I am entering it in this weeks challenge at Stuck On U Sketches.

Here is the sketch:

I tried a new technique (for me) and I used a template to ink up the corners. I added some paper scraps and stitched them with my machine, along with a nice big button and some antique game parts.


Did similar with the bottom corner.


And some more machine stitching.


Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, brown; patterned paper - Build, Play Date, Story Time and Explore from Toy Box Collection by Crate Paper; 6 x 6 Mini Webbing template by The Crafter's Workshop; Green Ink Dot; antique game pieces - Jenni Bowlin; buttons, twine - my stash; thread - Mettler; sewing machine.

Wish we could all get the joy from playing in a box that children do!!!

13 comments:

Adrian said...

very adorable!

magicwanda said...

I think all kids love to play in a box.Such a CUTE layout....
I love the papers you choose and the embellishments are perfect!
Thanks for playing along with us @ SOUS
Hugs Wanda

Jayne said...

Fab layout. My son always loved the box too....now his Mum does...'how can I alter this?'Lol. TFS
Jayne

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great page .. love the making in the upper left corner. I think we can all relate to kids loving those boxes. Thanks for playing along with Stuck on U Sketches! Hope to see you back!

Mom said...

A charming page. I love the layout, the colors and the embellishments. In addition, the children are darling ! Great Job !!

Norma said...

Beautiful layout Esther and LOVE the new technique and I will have to try it. Thank you for sharing another amazing LO. The children looks adorable in that box:)
Hugs

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

It is certainly amazing how "magical" a box can be. I always said "we could have just wrapped an empty box and they would have been in Heaven!" I love that you have captured that in a wonderful LO, TFS :)

Crafterkhush said...

This is such a cute one... Reminds me of myself playing in a box....!!

Fern said...

So true!!! And you've created a fun layout depicting this!! Love the antique game pieces!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Esther!
Congrats on the new DT! that's very exciting!

And gosh, this page is really cool! I like how the inking is in such a bold color and the papers you've chosen, the details! All so fun!

Nanne said...

What an amazing take on our sketch and I love the little detail you added to the top corner and those vintage game pieces are adorable..
My kids prefered the box as well..LOL
thnx for playing along with us over at SOUS..
Hugs
Nanné

CathyK said...

Darling!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW this layou is sooo SWEET Esther!SUPER job as always my friend!!:)