Friday, January 21, 2011

What, more cards?

First card for today is Trick or Treat. I thought the line of ghosts holding hands was cute, but the card, to me, seemed a little sparse. It inspired me to find a paper which had some kind of Halloween scene that continued across the paper. Here is what I came up with:



Card is 4 1/2 x 8

Supplies used: cardstock - orange; patterned paper - nieghborhood and costumes in Blackbird by My Minds Eye ; Happy Halloween - puff elements in eerie alley by SEI ; ribbon - Making Memories ; Boo! charm - Doodlebug ; garment pin - Making Memories.


I love gumball machines, in fact I own a vintage one which I keep supplied with gumballs for the kids. Stampin' Up! has a really cute gumball stamp which can be used with their treat cups to add real candy to your cards! I had to go that route.



Card is 5 1/2 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - teal; patterned paper - bitty dot basics - Papertrey Inc. , ribbon sandwich in Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket ; gumball stamp - Something Sweet by Stampin' Up! ; ink pad - Real Red by Stampin' Up!; embossing powder - Stampin' Up!; sweet treat cups - Stampin' Up!; rhinestones - Kaisercraft ; font - SNF Goody; candy - your choice.


I picked Feathered Friends next, mostly because I liked the idea of a Miss You card. I went a slightly different direction with it as I chose a cute dog chip piece rather than the birds.



Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned paper - vintage plaid, cabana and corsage from June Bug by Basic Grey ; chipboard sticker - June Bug by Basic Grey; letter stickers - June Bug by Basic Grey.

Last, but not least for today, is Enjoy the Ride. I liked this card so I didn't really change it much, just used supplies which I owned.



Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white, greens, blue, orange, brown; patterned paper - my scrap pile; flower stickers - dimensionals by Debbie Mumm; bike stamp - everyday button bits by Papertrey Inc. ; small flower punch - no source; buttons - my stash; font - your choice.

I am having a ball! Thanks so much for all your comments, I really appreciate them!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Another set of cute cards ! The "Trick Or Treat" is extra cute ! I think the dog was a much better choice for the thank you card. Keep up the "carding" !

karebari said...

Aww!! Love the graduate one with the bike! :-)

CathyK said...

I enjoyed viewing the cards. My favorites are the Trick-or-treat one and the gum ball machine one! Fantastic!!!