Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas in January

I know, we just got finished with Christmas and the whole holiday thing but I decided to do some Christmas cards for this blog post. So here they go:

First I chose Seasons Greetings Tree because I like how they punched out several scalloped circles, glued them together and trimmed them into a tree shape. I like more traditional Christmas colors, so I chose different paper for my version.



Card is 4 1/2 by 4 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, 4 shades of green, shimmer blue; patterned paper - Forest and Shiver in Figgy Pudding by Basic Gray ; green velvet ribbon - Michael's; star button - my stash; red bakers twine - Papertrey Inc. ; rub on - winter holidays wordage - Making Memories ; snowflake metal charm - Making Memories; border punch - EK Success .


For the second card I picked Deck The Halls. Their version is adorable, but again I went with a more traditional color theme. I also chose to use metal charms for the ornaments.



Card is 5 X 6 /12

Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned paper - Christmas - Kissing Santa Claus by American Crafts and scrap from my paper stash; Holiday Chip toppers - Bazill ; bakers twine - Papertrey Inc. ; Christmas variety eyelet charms - Making Memories ; border punch - Martha Stewart.


For card #3 I chose Be Merry. It inspired me to make this cute card with Basic Grey's new line for this Christmas called Jovial!



Card is 5 X 6 1/2

Supplies used:cardstock - green and white; patterned paper - crushed velvet and blizzard from Jovial by Basic Grey ; die cut journal card - Jovial by Basic Grey; rub on - Yuletide by K&Compnay ; Ribbon - Oasis by SEI .


Last for today I picked Home Sweet Holidays which is so cute! It encouraged me to come up with this:


Card is 5 X 6 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white and red; patterned paper - Be Good: Ribbons by Cosmo Cricket ; tag, stocking, chipboard - Be Good: Ornament Fashions by Cosmo Cricket; ribbon - my stash; ink - Antique Pewter by ColorBox; font - Santa's Sleigh.

Thanks for peaking!!! I LOVE comments, suggestions, questions, etc.!!!!!!

2 comments:

CathyK said...

I prefer the more traditional Christmas colors as well. I like the "metal" ornaments on the "Deck the Halls" card. The "Trim the Tree" card turned out much more festive than the original. Thank you for sharing.

Mom said...

I LOVE all the cards ! Now you have an early start for Christmas this year. I also prefer the red/green for Christmas colors. The metal ornaments on that card make it extra special. Card On !