Friday, January 14, 2011

Hot Cocoa a Go Go

My niece attends Purdue University in Indiana. It's been cold and snowing so I thought I would send her a care package to warm her up. I decided hot cocoa would be just the thing. I made some homemade hot cocoa (recipe below), so therefore I needed a container to put it in. Off to Walmart I headed. Can't have hot cocoa without marshmallows! While I was at Walmart I decided to pick some up. I happened upon some French Vanilla flavored, Snowman shaped, marshmallows and viola a theme for my gift was born. Hopped across the street to Kohls and picked up a really cute snowman mug.


The scrapbook paper and Let It Snow sticker are by Reminisce , the icicles are a sticker by Jolee's , I cut the snowman out with my Cricut and added a few random snowflake stickers. A dash of Stickles glitter glue and I was finished!



Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

2 cups nonfat dry milk
1 cup malted milk powder
1 cup instant chocolate milk powder
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar

1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Sift into another large bowl. Sift again into the first bowl

2. Spoon mixture into container. Gently tap on counter a few times to settle ingredients.

3. Place lid on jar and decorate as desired.

4. To present as gift, attach a gift tag with the instruction for preparing by the cup. Cocoa by the cup: Place 1/3 cup of mix in a mug. Pour 8 ounces boiling water into mug and stir. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

CathyK said...

How lucky your niece is to have you as an Auntie!! This is adorable!!!! It also happens to look yummy!

rosalie said...

Very cute and yummy!