Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Countdown Calendar

Another project I completed before Christmas. I made this countdown calendar for my grandson Jeff.
I used a Karen Foster countdown box which has 25 drawers you can embellish. I made a trek to Michael's and found a cute K&Comapany die-cut mat pad by Susan Winget which had fun coordinating Christmas papers. I also picked up a Chip Box in the same line that contained lots of Christmas chip board pieces. The countdown box came with a template that I used to cut out the paper to fit all the drawers. I applied the paper with Mod Podge to the drawer fronts and I also applied paper on the sides and top of the box. Then I had fun embellishing the drawers with the chip board pieces I had purchased, along with brads, felt pieces and other fun things I had in my personal stash. Since the drawers were so small I cut some of the chip board pieces in half and put them on two drawers.I attached them with pop dots to give them some dimension. I put candies and very small toys (the boxes are less than 2 inches wide) in the boxes! My grandson had a great time counting down to Christmas.



No comments: