Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saturday afternoon in the craft room

Besides making cards yesterday I finished my brothers shadow box (future blog post). Love the weekends because there is more time to spend in my favorite room of the house!

First pick for Saturday was One Big Hello. Cute card with a lot of punch! I just made a few minor changes, but otherwise kept it like it is:


Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned paper - Life's Journey green stripe by K&Company , ric rac in June Bug by Basic Grey & scrap from my stash; ribbon - American Crafts ; flower - Prima ; alphabet stickers - Mellow by Basic Grey; tree sticker - Ellen Krans Nature Walk by Me & My Big Ideas ; corner rounder punch - Fiskars; button and white floss - my stash

click on picture to enlarge




Next I chose Thinking of You. It was simple and adorable, so again, I tweaked it just a bit.



click on picture to enlarge

Card is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2

Supplies Used: cardstock - kraft; stamp - Woof Woof by Recollections; ribbon - Jack's World by Cosmo Cricket ; rhinestone - Doodlebug ; turquoise glitter glue - Stickles; rub on alphabet - providence in Simply Stated by Making Memories ; white gel pen - Sigma


Last for today I chose Whimsical Wishes. Actually I loved it like it was, but it inspired me to take it in a little different direction. Hope you like it:



click on picture to enlarge

Card is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2

Supplies: cardstock - kraft, brown, gold, tan; patterned paper - skipping stones and nature walk in Mr. Campy by Cosmo Cricket ; snail and mushroom - Friendly Forest glitter acetate shapes by Colorbok; ribbon - Mr. Campy by Cosmo Cricket; burlap - my stash; brads - Making Memories ; google eyes - Joanns; Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge; font - your choice

2 comments:

Mom said...

I liked all the cards and, as usual, I prefer the changes that you have made over the examples. I look forward to seeing your brother's shadow box ! I love mine !

CathyK said...

Whoever receives these cards will be SOOOO lucky. Love them!