Monday, January 24, 2011

Seashore Shadow Box

I created this shadow box for my brother, it is his very late Christmas gift. Hope he'll forgive me!

Mike and I made a trip with my brother and my nieces to Monterey last year. We had a wonderful time and I wanted to make a special remembrance of this fun trip. I decided a shadow box would be just the thing. You can pick these up at Michael's rather inexpensively. The shadow box is made for 12 x 12 paper. I used patterned paper from the Happy Trails paper pad by K&Company for the background. I double matted the pictures I chose and used pop up dots for some of them to give them some dimension. The title and seagulls were cut out of the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge by Provo Craft. The sand dollar was one I found at a very lucky day at the beach is San Francisco!


The other shells were both purchased and found by me at other beach trips. The song "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce has special meaning in our family and I wanted to incorporate it in the box. The sands of time move so quickly and if only we could keep them in a bottle! I put some sand in a tiny bottle and printed part of the song lyric on a tag which I added to the box with a pop dot. I also added some little blue plastic 3D dots that looked like bubbles from the ocean spray (thank you Cythnia).




I am happy with the results. Hope my brother likes it!

You can click on any picture to enlarge it.

I love comments!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh My !! What a TREASURE for your brother to receive. It is a beautiful gift for so many reasons. Additionally, it is heart warming, and I know that he will love it !

CathyK said...

OMG!!!! I know he will love it! What a way to be able to relive such treasured memories! It is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is really neat! I am sending the idea on to a friend that has a ton of seaside pics:) Thanks! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

How could he not love this. It's beautiful, creative, thoughtful and so many other adjectives!