Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Count Your Rainbows!

My first card pick for today is Count Your Rainbows because I really thought this quote by a 12 year old girl is what we should all try to do! Look at our positives and not our negatives. Life has enough negatives, we certainly don't need to dwell on them.



Card is 5 X 6 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white, black, blue, red, green, yellow; patterned paper - scrap from my stash; red ribbon - Michael's; border punch - EK Success; rainbow die cut from Once Upon A Princess Cricut cartridge by Provo Craft; font - Bring tha noize.


My next pick is Bright and Cheery Get Well. I liked the design, but I just wasn't overly thrilled with the choice of paper and sticker. Here is my version.



Card is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - rust, navy, tan; patterned paper - buckle & vintage tee in Boxer by Basic Grey ; chipboard flower - Boxer by Basic Grey; alphabet stickers - Vagabond by Basic Grey; eyelet and hemp cord - no source


I went with the With Sympathy card next, but again, wasn't excited about their choices. Hope you like mine.



Card is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - grey and green; patterned paper - rattan in Poppy by SEI ; journal card and butterfly - polished pearl accents in Bridgeport by SEI; rub on - support/sympathy by Timeless Transfers; border punch - Martha Stewart.


Last I chose Under The Weather. I liked their choices but I tweaked it anyway.



Card is 5 /12 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned paper - that's my boy-daring dots paper, little boy blue-when I grow up, jack and jill-so cute, jack and jill-life is good, all in Quite Contrary line by My Minds Eye ; umbrella die cut - jack and jill-favorite thing in Quite Contrary by My Minds Eye; buttons and white floss - no source; font - your choice

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

CathyK said...

My favorite is the "rainbows/thunderstorms" card. The colors and patterns you chose bring the meaning more to light.I also enjoyed the "Under the Weather" card. I love how the handle of the umbrella seems to be holding the "banner" with the thought on it. I really enjoyed looking at these cards!! Terrific job!

Mom said...

I love all the cards. The changes you made are for the better. They feel more upbeat. We all can use that sentiment. Good carding !!