Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whimsical Designs "Song Inspired" challenge


Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

Time for a new challenge over at Whimsical Designs. This week we are asking you for a "Song Inspired" creation. So get out your ipod, listen to some tunes, and let the music inspire your crafting mojo!!!

Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is 3 Girl Jam and the prize is a $15 certificate to their store!



For my project I chose one of my favorite songs "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother". I love the version by The Hollies the best, although "The Osmonds" did a great job also. I just love the lyrics to this song.

  
Hollies
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother lyrics
(B. Scott - B. Russell)

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there

For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
THEN I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share

And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother


Originally my thought was to use a silhouette of one brother giving another a piggyback ride, but after much searching I could not come up with an image at the Silhouette store, on any of my Cricut cartridges or online (without paying $$$). So my second idea came to me when I saw an image of a gril pushing a wheelbarrow of flowers in my "A Childs Year" cartridge. Then I found another image of a little boy sitting on a stool, holding a teddy bear. I welded the two images together and came up with the following card.


Supplies used: card stock - white, black; patterned papers - Flowering Vine by Heidi Swapp and Palmetto in Poppy by SEI; A Childs Life Cricut cartridge; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft; sequins and metal flower - my stash.


Please head over to Whimsical Designs to see what the rest of the design team has come up with!
And... come a play with us on this fun "song Inspired" challenge.


12 comments:

Mom said...

Two Words-Perfect and Charming !!

CathyK said...

Oh wow! Now THAT is a creative way to weld two images to portray your sentiment. Absolutely perfect.

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! What a perfect interpretation of a song!! The silhouette is adorable!! Love it!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Super sweet!

Sherrie K. said...

So super sweet Esther! The silhouette is awesome:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tfriday said...

Cute silhouette!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Love that silhouette cut!

chillin with Quillin said...

sweet card !!!!
Paula

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Sounds just like my two, so cute and the silhouette is so whimsical :)

shelly said...

sweet card esther, perfect image for the song!

Sue Jones said...

aww thats gorgeous

DaileyScrapper said...

This was very creative. I love it. JUst perfect!!!
Yvette