Tuesday, May 14, 2013

All Occasion / CTO #112


I hope all of my friends who are Mom's were able to enjoy a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

I had a lovely weekend with my Mom. On Saturday my Mom and my sister and I went out to lunch and had an enjoyable afternoon together. On Sunday I made my Mom a cherry pie and a big, yummy salad, my Dad grilled steaks and we had a super Mother's Day dinner. My daughter came from San Francisco, which was a real treat!!!

Anyway.. on to business, since it is Tuesday we have a new challenge over at Celebrate The Occasion. This week the challenge is called May Flowers and we are asking you to create a project with 3 flowers, 2 buttons and 1 ribbon.

I decided to make an "All Occasion" card this week and to NOT use a sentiment. I've actually not made a sentimentless card before. I think with all the sentiment stamps that most of us have it is hard for us to not throw one on a card, but I curbed my desire to do that and kept my card plain.

I used a Silhouette Studio cut file for my card. Popped on a couple tiny, yellow buttons on my purple flowers and tied a purple ribbon around the front and I was done. Simple, yet pretty.


Supplies used: card stock - recycled white, 2 shades of green, 2 shades of purple, 2 shades of pink; Silhouette Studio cut file; buttons - my stash; ribbon - Michaels.

8 comments:

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Esther! Love your take on the challenge and those flowers are perfect!!
So glad to hear you had a GREAT Mother's Day weekend!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a great Tuesday!

chillin with Quillin said...

happy you had a great Mothers Day!!
your card is beautiful the ribbon adds such a nice touch !!!!
Paula

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so pretty esther, but all of your cards are!!!

Mom said...

Beautiful card !! The fact that you did not use a sentiment does NOT detract from its charm. Great Job.

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card Esther! Love the pretty flowers, buttons and ribbon! Fun challenge-hope to get over there!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

CathyK said...

This card does not need a sentiment. It is perfect as is. Just beautiful!!!!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Esther!! The flowers are so pretty!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a pretty cut, I love your unique flowers and grass :)