Friday, May 24, 2013

Eat Cake, Party


My daughters birthday was yesterday! I made her a homemade strawberry rhubarb pie and took it to her house last night to celebrate with her. We had a wonderful time with her and her family.

I thought I would share the card I made for her. I was inspired by a card created by Kathy Martin in one of my Paper Crafts magazines.

I used a stamp of the week by Unity called Cake Wishes, a Silhouette Studio cut file for the polaroid background and some washi tape from Pick Your Plumb.



Supplies used: card stock - kraft, recycled white; patterned papers from Bitty Dot Basics by Papertrey Inc.,stamp - Cake Wishes by Unity; ink - Tuxedo Black by Memento; Washi Tape - Pick Your Plumb; Silhouette Studio cut file; button from Dear Lizzy by American Crafts; letter stickers from 100 Days Of Summer by Simple Stories; Black Diamond and Orange Peel Stickles; twine - my stash; sewing machine; Pop Dots.

22 comments:

jessica said...

What a GREAT birthday card Esther! love the adorable cake and great card LO!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!! Have a GREAT weekend!!

Kris said...

Such a cute card. Love the colors.

Mom said...

Fun, Cute Card !! And a freshly made pie to celebrate makes for a very special birthday. You are a sweet and special Mom !!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

super cute! this just screams FUN

Gaylynn said...

Bet she love the card and the pie. Super fun design with all the washi in there. :)

Angeline Choo said...

What a fun card !! Wish your daughter happy bday :)

Ruby said...

This is a super birthday card. Love the design.

Linda said...

bring on the fun party lol happy birthday!

Miwa said...

What a fun & happy card - very cute! Hope she had a great birthday! :)

Julie Odil said...

Eather, this is a fantastic card. I love all the elements you combined. Wonderful!

Sherrie K. said...

Love your card design Esther! What a fun birthday cake! The papers are su awesome. TFS!
NOW...onto that strawberry rhubarb pie....does that sound AMAZING and YUMMY! Ooh...I need to make one now. I will SO be craving it for the next week..thanks Esther! Lol!
I hope you have a wonderful AND safe Memorial Day weekend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely card!!!!
Happy Birthday to your Daughter !!!!
Paula

Scrapper Myra said...

Fun, fun, fun... isn't this what Scrapbooking is about? Love your card.

Corrie said...

What a fun card I sure she love it

Lisa said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, Esther!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the papers and design!! Absolutely fabulous my friend!! And I bet the pie was delicious!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

JPScraps said...

Fun card! Love how you framed the cake.

Rachel V said...

Super cute card!

Gwen said...

Oh this is sooo cute! Love the stitching on the washi tape!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Such fun stitvhing and I love the jaunty tilt of your frame!

jennifer mitten said...

What a great card, I am sure your daughter lived it!

Georgiana said...

Great motto! Sounds perfect to me and your card looks wonderful too!

Michelle said...

Great card!