Friday, May 10, 2013

Hexagon Mother's Day


I saw a card by Kalyn Kepner in one of my card magazines which inspired me to make this card for my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day.

I took advantage of my Cameo once again, using a Silhouette cut file to cut out my hexagon background in recycled white paper and then to cut out all the hexagons in patterned paper.

I did a little stitching with my sewing machine as a border around my background pattern paper.

A border punch, some twine and a button dress it up a little bit.


Supplies used: card stock - recycled white, patterned papers from Fiction 6X6 paper pad by Basic grey; Silhouette Studio cut file; stamp - GCS Art Stamps; ink - Barn Door Distress Ink by Tim Holtz for Ranger; border punch - Martha Stewart; button and twine - my stash; sewing machine; Pop Dots.

7 comments:

jessica said...

beautiful card Esther! Love the hexagons!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

Mom said...

Beautiful card. The way you used the hexagons with the colorful patterned papers take it out of the ordinary. The embellishments are pretty also.

CathyK said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! It looks just like a quilt! Love it!!

Nana said...

Beautiful card. Love the papers.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The papers are beautiful!! I love the hexagon design and the bottom border!! So beautiful!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! The hexagon background looks amazing! Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card Esther, I love the homespun feel to it :0)
Jenny x