Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Teacher Back To School Survival Kit


Happy hump day all!!!

Today I'd like to share a little Back To School Survival kit I made for my grandsons teacher.
His first day of kindergarten was Monday. He looked like such a big boy and was so excited to go to school. I thought it would be fun for him to take his teacher a little something.

I went to one of my favorite sources for inspiration - Pinterest!!!
I found lots of variations of this theme and I kind of combined several to come up with my little gift basket.


I found most of the items for my little basket at the Dollar Store, so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to fill my survival kit with lots of fun stuff.


Some of the items were fairly small, so I put them in a plastic, divided container, which I also purchased at the Dollar Store. It was in the craft section.


I decorated the top of the plastic container too!!


I created this sign in my print shop program using a red cross image I downloaded from the internet. I printed it out on sticker paper which you can purchase at Staples and then I trimmed it down before sticking it to the top of my container.





You can download this pdf file here.




I also created this list of all the items included in my basket, listing the significance of each item.
I had Jeff sign it and I rolled it up, tied it with a ribbon and popped it in my basket with all of my goodies.


A close up of the description so you can read it better.


If you'd like to download a copy of this list you may do so here.

For the outside of my little basket I dusted off my trusty Cricut machine and pulled out several cartridges to cut out my apple, pencil and the teachers name. Of course I first had surrounded my basket with some cute school themed paper.

My pencil was cut at 2 1/2" with Locker Talk, my apple was cut at 4" with Preserves; and my letters were cut at 3/4" with Cutttin Up.


My grandson said she loved it!!!



Supplies used: basket and goodies - Dollar Store; card stock - tan, yellow, grey, pink, black, light yellow, 2 shades of green, red; patterned paper by Provocraft; 
Locker Talk, Preserves, and Cuttin Up Cricut cartridges.





7 comments:

Mom said...

Oh My-this is a masterpiece creation !! It is a thoughtful and fun gift for the teacher and I am sure that it will be enjoyed and appreciated !!

jessica said...

This is so FUN!!! LOVE this idea and thanks for sharing the files!!

Lisa said...

WOW, this is fabulous!! What a great idea!! The list of goodies is awesome!! Any teacher would love this!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

OMG this is FABULOUS!!!

CathyK said...

That is one lucky teacher to receive this basket!! Soooo cute and very clever!

chillin with Quillin said...

wow this is awesome, what a great idea and who wouldnt love it, like the Advil, I'm sure she used it the first day,lol !!!!
Paula

Benito Craddock said...

Glad to read such article about preparing survival kit
Emergency Kit for School Going Teens