Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Love My Teacher


My grandson will be starting kindergarten on Monday! I can hardly believe that he is 5 and ready to start school. He went to a "meet the teacher" day yesterday. Today we went out and purchased a back pack. He picked a Transformers back pack with Bumble Bee on it. He is definitely a boy :)

Anyway... it got me in the mood to make a school themed card, so I pulled out another Itty Bitty stamp set and made this for the challenge going on at Facebook. It is an Itty Bitty A Day challenge this week, and there have been all kinds of beautiful inspiration!!!

For my card I used Apple Of My Eye stamp set paired with some cute paper by The Paper Loft.



I couldn't believe the ribbon I had would match the blue in the "abc" paper so well, LOL
Sometimes you just get lucky :)




Supplies used: card stock - blue, brown; patterned paper - Light Olive Checks in Flip Flops by The Paper Loft and scrap from Creative Imaginations; stamps - Apple Of My Eye Itty Bitty by Unity; ink - Rich Cocoa by Memento; border punch and photo corner punch - EK Success; eyelets  and ribbon- Making Memories; Pop Dots

5 comments:

jessica said...

such an adorable card Esther! LOVE the fun papers!!!!
thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!

CathyK said...

Any teacher would be incredibly lucky to receive such a beautiful card!

Mom said...

This card would be heart warming for any teacher fortunate enough to receive it.

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw, such a great card Esther! The papers are awesome and love the fun ribbon! Very cool!
Good luck to your little Grandson!
Sherrie K

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Esther!! I love the papers and the awesome design!! The ribbon is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts