Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wishing You A Beautiful Day / Whimsical Wed. #46

It is Wednesday and we have a new challenge for you over at Whimsical Designs, this week the challenge is Celebrate Spring. Very fitting, since yesterday was the first day of spring!

On a sad note, I have to announce that this will be the last Whimsical Wednesday challenge. Stephanie will keep her blog and will still be selling her stamps, but she is taking a break from running the challenges. We would like to thank everyone for their support of Whimsical Wednesday. We have enjoyed your participation and it has been fun each week to visit your blogs and see all your wonderful creations.

Here is my take on this weeks challenge:

I started with a kraft cardstock base. To that I added a border punched piece of turquoise cardstock and a pretty piece of patterned paper. The butterfly postage stamp is a sticker that I stamped the cancellation marks on. I fussy cut the butterfly from some paper and glued only the body to the patterned paper. I wrapped twine around the card and wove it through the buttons tying a knot in between each button. I finished it off with a stamp from Stephanie's Whimsical Fun Vol.1 which you can purchase here.

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, turquoise; patterned paper - Damsel In Distress by Quick Quotes Paper; butterfly stamp sticker - element stickers in Curio by Basic Grey; postmark cancelation stamp - Travel Time Stamps by Inkadinkado; sentiment stamp - Whimsical Fun Vol.1; ink - Gathered Twigs Distress Ink by Tim Holtz for Ranger; border punch - Martha Stewart; butterfly emphemera, buttons, twine - my stash.


Wishing all of you a beautiful day!!!

 

15 comments:

Mom said...

In one word-Beautiful-everything about this card. Great Job !

chillin with Quillin said...

really pretty!!!!
Paula

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love butterflies and your card is stunning. Soon we will be seeing the butterflies fluttering about. Can't wait. Have a beautiful day.

Danielle

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. This card is perfect for the challenges at: Made Especially For You and Allsorts.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Heather May Holbrook said...

Hi Esther! Such a lovely card- love all the different butterflies :) it was so nice creating with you for a few short weeks- hope to cross paths again sometime soon!
Hugs,
Heather P :)

Nanne said...

beautiful card Esther.. Loving your butterflies, plus the sentiment is absolutely perfect..
It's been a pleasure designing with you at WW
hugs
Nanné

GiGi said...

This is SOOO COOL! I love how it looks like a postcard right down to the butterfly postage stamp! Awesome card hun! It was a pleasure DTing with you and I will be back to visit! Have a great day!

Donna said...

Very pretty Esther! Love cutting out the butterflies and leaving the wings up! Looks as if they are just landing !

Thank you for sharing another great card.
Blessings,
Donna

CathyK said...

Love. The. Butterfly. PERFECT card!

CraftyJAR said...

Pretty card! I love the pop of blue on it. I love butterflies!
Judy

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Beautiful card, love all combined elements and your butterfly is gorgeous :)

sue w. said...

Hi Esther, I love your card It's stunning.The techniques you used are super. Right up my street! I have enjoyed DTing with you if only for a short while but I'll be back to visit.
Hugs Sue W.

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card Esther!! Your butterflies are just gorgeous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Beautiful Card!

GabyCreates.com said...

What a lovely card!