Thursday, March 8, 2012

Congrats On Your New Hive

I saw a card similar to this one in one of my Paper Crafts magazine, except it was done using a stamped image.
I thought it was so cute but didn't have a stamp like it, so.......


I cut out 20 hexagons using my Cameo and a Silhouette file. I glued them on white cardstock and then took a couple that had the bees on them and popped them up for some dimension. The little bee was cut with my Cricut using the Walk In My Garden cartridge. I cut the wings with vellum, so they would be transparent. I popped the little bee up also.


I'm happy with the result.




Supplies used: cardstock - purple, white, black, yellow; vellum; patterned paper - Spring Humble Honeybee in Dear Lizzy by American Crafts; Silhouette Studio files; Walk In My Garden Cricut cartridge; font - Basque Normal; Pop Dots

  Pin It

10 comments:

Bhawana said...

Wow it has come out very well awesome. I sent you an email,just interested to know if you got it. I also filled up " contact me" form.

jessica said...

WOW!! This is awesome!! Love it :)
TFS

Mom said...

Oh MY !! This card is so cute. I love the dimension that you gave to the bee by raising him up. In addition the colors and sentiment are so "right on". GREAT JOB !

chillin with Quillin said...

really cute card !!!!
Paula

CraftyJAR said...

It is a cool card! The paper for the hive and the little bees are just perfect.
Judy

Adrian said...

cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Cute design:) Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your use of the hexagons along with the DP! The dimension is wonderful with your adorable bee :)

Norma said...

Love how you added the dimension on the hive! Super cute card!!
Hugs,
Norma

CathyK said...

I like how you added the dots to give the card added dimension! Great job!