Friday, March 9, 2012

Doily St. Patrick's Day

I wanted to share this card with you that I made over the weekend.


I had some shamrock doily's that I bought a couple years ago. I thought that one would make a cute background for a card. The doily is foil, and I felt a bit to shiny, so I inked it up with white and olive green ink to tone it down.


I fussy cut another doily from patterned paper and glued it to the top of my inked up doily.


Added some pretty, lacy, gold ribbon I bought at Christmas time and clustered some cute buttons and brads. Pretty easy and I think it turned out kinda cute.



Supplies used: cardstock - white, green; doily - Royal Lace; patterned paper - Sichuan in Oasis by SEI; ink - white by A La Mode and Olive Pastel by ColorBox; ribbon - Michaels; brad - K& Co.; buttons - my stash; sentiment stamp - Studio G.


Pin It

11 comments:

jessica said...

this is so pretty!!! love the doily and all the buttons!
TFS

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely, really like the doilies and buttons, very creative!!!
Paula

Mom said...

Really Cute ! I especially LOVE the vintage buttons and the way you used them.

CraftyJAR said...

Pretty, love the added buttons and the gold ribbon! Its the was the perfect way to dress up the card!
Judy

Nicole said...

Love! Love!! So cute!!

ScrappyRae10 said...

So creative!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a great assortment of buttons on your wonderful doily, super cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love the woman that created this.

Norma said...

WOW!! love the doily shamrock is fantastic and love the added detail with the buttons!!! Hey Esther how do you add your watermark to your pictures? I would love to do that but, I find that it takes me longer to add it and post. Any suggestions? Have a fantastic weekend
Hugs,
Norma

CathyK said...

Love the bow and the buttons!!! CUTE card!