Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lucky / Whimsical Wednesday Challenge #45

I'm so lucky to have friends like all of you!!!!

Today is Wednesday and time for a new Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs!

This weeks challenge is "Going Green" create any card or project and include the color green. The design team has come up with some wonderful projects to get your mojo going, so pop over to the blog and check out everyones beautiful work.

Beginning this week the Whimsical Wednesday challenges will be every other week. You will have two weeks to link up your project before the next challenge. You still have one more week to link up your "Getting Sketchy" project.

For my project this week I decided to make a St Patrick's Day card. I took a piece of green cardstock and wrapped ribbon and rick rack around it. On another shade of green cardstock I attached a piece of patterned paper which I had border punched. I took a corner rounder to a smaller piece of white cardstock, paper pierced around the edge, attached three glitter shamrock stickers and a rub on and glued it to the green, patterned paper piece. I attached that to the ribbon wrapped card with pop dots. And viola....

Supplies used: cardstock - white, two shades of green; patterned paper- St. Patrick's by Best Creation; glitter shamrock stickers - dollar bin at JoAnn's; rub on - Kate by American Crafts; ribbon - American Crafs; rick rack - JoAnn's; Pop Dots.



Pin It

16 comments:

Mom said...

I love this card ! It is so good looking and has a happy and uplifting look to it. It will cheer up the receiver, for sure. Great Job !

Anonymous said...

Love all the glitter and that music note paper! YUMMY!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card! I love the glittery shamrocks and the music note paper. Such a great card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

mum of two said...

What a lovely card. I love the sparkly shamrocks. TFS :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

sue w. said...

Hi Esther, Loving your green card, fab glittery shamrocks snd the music paper is super.
Hugs Sue W.

ScrappyRae10 said...

WOW love your card! So pretty!

GiGi said...

Wonderful card! I love all the glittery accents and the music notes are the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Esther. I like the glitter shamrocks, and the music notes.

Donna said...

Love the music notes on your card, Esther!

Blessings,
Donna

CraftyJAR said...

Cute card. Love the glitter notes paper. Great use of stickers!
Judy

Adrian said...

Very cute!

girlia said...

Cute card. It brings a smile to my face.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the sparkle, such a clean and beautiful card :)

Norma said...

WOW! love this card Esther! and all the glitter on those shamrocks!!
Hugs,
Norma

CathyK said...

I LOVE this card! So sparkly and fun!