Saturday, March 10, 2012

So Sweet

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and has some fun plans. We are going to dinner and a movie tonight with some dear friends of ours. I'm really looking forward to it!!


I've had this In Stichz template by Bazzill for several years now. I finally pulled it out last weekend and whipped up this card.


I used some Spellbinders nestabilities to cut out the strawberry that I had stitched on kraft cardstock. Also used the nestabilities on a piece of red cardstock. Glued them together and punched a hole in the corner so that I could run my ribbon through it. Border punched a strip of patterned paper, which I attached to my card base.  Tied the ribbon around my card and through the strawberry piece which I had put pop dots on. Stamped the sentiment and punched out with an oval punch. attached it to a scalloped oval punched piece of red cardstock, which was also attached to the card base with pop dots.



The sentiment stamp is from Stephanie's Whimsical Fun Vol.1, which you can purchase here.
This has definitely become my "go to" stamp set.


Supplies used: cardstock - green, red, white and kraft embossed; patterned paper - Strawberry Fields from Garden Variety by Cosmo Cricket; ribbon - Making Memories; Labels 1 Nestabilities by Spellbinders; scallop oval punch - Stampin' Up; border punch - Martha Stewart; Bazzill In Stitchz template; floss - DMC; sentiment stamp - Whimsical Designs; Pop Dots.

Pin It

11 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

Lovely card, like the stitching!!!
Paula

Mom said...

Nice Card ! It is fresh, bright and colorful and the stitching really "kicks it up a notch".

GabyCreates.com said...

And so sweet it is! love it... I use to decorate my kitchen with strawberries and of course my daughter's room was all about Strawberry Shortcake! ...down memory lane!
Esther, I made the card with a die, but you just made me think of how easy a cut file can be made!...

girlia said...

I agree with Gaby. It is so sweet.

Donna said...

I love sewing on cards! Sometimes easier than small sewing projects!

Very cute, Esther!

Blessings,
Donna

Adrian said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! I love love the colors!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a sweet card! Great colors:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your sweet card Esther!I LOVE your stitching:)

CathyK said...

Love it!

Norma said...

WOW! love this card and the stitching. I need to try that Esther:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma