Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis The Season/12 Days of Christmas

Can't believe it but today is day 12 in the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. I guess all good things must come to an end :(. If you just popped in to see me you'll want to start at the beginning of the hop with Sylvia at Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you arrived here from my friend Gaby's blog - Gaby Creates you are on the right track.
Here is the full line up if you get lost:
1. Sylvia - www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
2. Sandra - www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
3. Patricia - www.creativediva98.blogspot.com
4. Gaby - www.gabycreates.com
5. Esther- www.forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com
6. Monica - www.simplycricutting.blogspot.com
7. Anita - www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
8. Jessica- www.chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
9. Sandy - www.thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com
10. Alina- www.neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com
11. Veronica- www.mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

For my last post, I'd like to share a super easy, super fast, holiday decor item you can make to give as a gift or to keep. So simple it's kind of embarrassing. I simply rolled 3" wide paper strips. I started with a length of 7" and decreased by 1" each time. Cut a tree trunk from brown paper and cut a star with my George and Basic Shapes cartridge with two shades of yellow. Glued them to a canvas with my glue gun, added some Stickles to the star and a rub on under the tree and it was finished.



Supplies used: canvas - Michael's; patterned paper - various scraps of Christmas paper; cardstock - two shades of yellow, brown; Stickles in yellow; rub on - Karen Foster; glue gun

I will have a blog prize at the end of this 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is to be a follower and to leave a comment. If you leave a comment on each day you will be entered in the drawing one time for each comment, so you can have up to 12 entries in the drawing. I will announce the winner on Thursday!




Now you are off to see what Monica at Simply Cricutting has created!!!!

18 comments:

K Clark said...

what a great way to use up your scraps!!! love the idea
leokc34 at gmail dot com

jessica said...

Beatiful project!
Thanks for all the inspiration the past 12 days :)
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Mom said...

Wow ! A great decorative piece and done very inexpensively. It can't get better than that.

Ladybug said...

Very cute, indeed! Love it! TFS!

Esther, I'm sorry to see that the blog hop has ended but I've had an absolute ball! I've gotten so much inspiration from your awesome projects. TFS them all!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the rolled paper on the canvas, great color pop. Wonderful job on the 12 days :)

Blessed Serendipity said...

So cute. I love the 3D effect with the rolled paper.

xo,
Danielle

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is such a very pretty and simply card. During the Holidays we sometimes need simple. Thanks for Sharing AJ

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card!! Enjoyed all your projects during the Christmas hop:) Great inspiration!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

lindaplus3 said...

what a great idea.. very cute,,grandkids will like that one...:)lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Wow, love this idea. I have learned so much through this blog hop. TFS!

Creative Diva said...

What a cool idea. I love the paper.


Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
creativediva98 at gmail dot com

Cathy said...

What an interesting card, I love it.
mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like simple! Very pretty. TFS
wishing you well
vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
follower

Angie S said...

cute & simple project. tfs
angie
angiehbug at yahoo dot com

Donna said...

Simple and cute ~ I love it! And, I'll bet you will recycle the canvas!

Blessings,
Donna

GabyCreates.com said...

I saw this at work and could not comment....this is a big simple WOW...embarrassing you say? NEVER! love it! great presents for my sisters!

Crafterkhush said...

Hello there... This is absolutely awesome... Love the idea of using scraps.. Just might borrow it and try it on something... Great decor work.. TFS...

Hugs,
Khush

CathyK said...

Absolutely love this decor item and it is so cleverly put together! Great job!