Monday, December 5, 2011

Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix/12 Days of Christmas

Today is day eleven in the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. I can't believe there is only one more day to go :(. If you just popped in to see me you'll want to start at the beginning of the hop with Sylvia at Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you arrived here from my friend Gaby's blog - Gaby Creates you are on the right track.
Here is the full line up if you get lost:
1. Sylvia - www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
2. Sandra - www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
3. Patricia - www.creativediva98.blogspot.com
4. Gaby - www.gabycreates.com
5. Esther- www.forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com
6. Monica - www.simplycricutting.blogspot.com
7. Anita - www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
8. Jessica- www.chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
9. Sandy - www.thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com
10. Alina- www.neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com
11. Veronica- www.mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

I have another easy peasy gift for you to make and it won't break the bank. You'll need a quart jar, a little scrapbook paper and a few ingredients and you have a yummy treat to give to a friend.


I cut the lid topper with my Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge. I cut two graduated sizes with two sided patterned paper. Then I cut a smaller circle with George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge and printed my sentiment on it. Glued them together and then glued them to the top of the jar.


The tag was cut out with a silhouette file on the same double sided paper. The insert was cut and then the instructions for the hot cocoa were printed on it. I then attached the tag to the jar with some twine.



The recipe is from Sunset.


Supplies used: cardstock - cream; patterned paper - Holly Berry Floral from Tinsel & Twig by The Girls' Paperie; twine - my stash, jar - Hobby Lobby; powdered milk, unsweetened cocoa; sugar, salt, mini chocolate chips, peppermint candies.

I will have a blog prize at the end of this 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is to be a follower and to leave a comment. If you leave a comment on each day you will be entered in the drawing one time for each comment, so you can have up to 12 entries in the drawing.

Now you are off to see what Monica at Simply Cricutting has created!!!!

Pin It

19 comments:

jessica said...

This is awesome!! I love making this as gifts! TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

girlia said...

Awesome gift idea!

Ladybug said...

What a great gift. TFS! :-)

Mom said...

This is such a perfect gift-the lovely sentiment warms the heart and the peppermint cocoa drink warms the body. In addition the colors and embellishments are so right for this special gift. Great Job !

Regena said...

What a great gift idea..TFS

Donna said...

Oh I just love the "Gifts in a Jar!" idea. So many clever ones. I always forget about my Cricut for these!

Blessings,
Donna

TannyP said...

YUM!!!!! What a fabulous idea =)

scrapperbecka said...

Hi Esther
I love this idea, your coco jar came out so nice. I am live in Reno too! It was exciting to see another obessed crafter close by! LOL!!
Becka

Norma said...

WOW! fabulous gift idea Esther:) Love it and I will have to still this idea to give to my neighbors! It sure looks yummy:) TFS another fabulous idea!
Hugs,
Norma

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Wonderful idea.... TFS

Luanne said...

Great project and oh so sweet.

Luanne
myfootahead at gmail dot com
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute gift idea Esther! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your finished product looks like you spent a lot of time on it not "quick and inexpensive." Just the way I like it! TFS
wishing you well
vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
follower

lindaplus3 said...

what a pretty gift... great idea...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Yum, I just love your little pocket tag :)

CathyK said...

This is so precious! I love the sentiment!!!! Fantastic job!

Angie S said...

cute idea! tfs
angie
angiehbug at yahoo dot com

GabyCreates.com said...

Awesome jar... I so want to reach in there and get some of those peppermints chunks!

Crafterkhush said...

This is such a sweet gift for a friend.. Whoever gets it is going to be overjoyed... I like ...