Monday, December 12, 2011

Mountain Merry Christmas

My husband works for a contractor who builds beautiful homes and cabins at Lake Tahoe. He asked me to make a custom Christmas card for his employer. He wanted it to be special. I tried to incorporate the many elements that represented his boss and the area in which he does business. I used the snow covered mountains that overlook beautiful Lake Tahoe, a bear which is his employers logo (and of which we have many) and a cabin since that is what they build.

I wanted to share it with you:


I used the following cartridges and cuts:

Dinosaur Tracks for the mountains using the fit to length feature set at 7"
Create A Critter for the grass cut at 1", 3/4" and 1/2".
Camp Out for the bear cut using fit to length feature set at 2 1/4"
My World for the cabin cut using fit to length feature set at 3 1/2"
A Childs Year for the smoke which was steam coming out of a cup which I cut at 1 12".

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, 4 shades of brown, 2 shades of green, grey, white, black, rust; chipboard sentiment from Seasons Greatings by Echo Park Paper Co,; corner rounder by Zutter; ink - Amaretto by PowderPuffs; holly and tree - my stash; Dinoaur Tracks, Create A Critter, Camp Out; My World, and A Childs Year Cricut cartridges.

Pin It

8 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow, awesome job!

teachermom5 said...

This is so beautiful, you did a fabulous job capturing the mountain scene. We live in the Sacramento valley and Tahoe is one of our most favorite places to visit year round. Great job.

Mom said...

One word-Perfect-in every way. Excellent !

Crafterkhush said...

This is such a brilliant card and you've really customized it.. The recipient is going to love it.. Love the bear.. :D

CathyK said...

perfect card- I am sure it will be much appreciated!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card..I love the scene you have created. Great cuts-super nice card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

I think the contractor is going to LOVE this card!I know I do.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

GabyCreates.com said...

Your husband's boss is just going to love it!!! Great scene you created Esther!