Today is day four in the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. I hope you have had a chance to look at the great projects that have been posted the last few days! If you just popped in to see me you'll want to start at the beginning of the hop with Sylvia at Bella Scrapbook Designs. If you arrived here from my friend Gaby's blog - Gaby Creates you are on the right track.
Here is the full line up if you get lost:
1. Sylvia - www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
2. Sandra - www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
3. Patricia - www.creativediva98.blogspot.com
4. Gaby - www.gabycreates.com
5. Esther- www.forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com
6. Monica - www.simplycricutting.blogspot.com
7. Anita - www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
8. Jessica- www.chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
9. Sandy - www.thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com
10. Alina- www.neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com
11. Veronica- www.mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
Today I have another Christmas decor item. I really love these light boxes and I think they are so festive! Really, they are so simple to make and they look fantastic!
For this light box I cut out the image in vinyl with the "A Childs First Year" Cricut cartridge. I used the "fit to length" feature set at 6 1/2". The sentiment is from the same cartridge.
I inserted some battery operated mini lights. I tied 12 6" lengths of Christmas ribbon together, then fanned them out, wrapped some wire ribbon around the light box and tied the ribbon bunch to the top. I did a little trimming until I liked how they looked and inserted a floral pick on top.
I'm happy with the result.
Supplies used: Glass Light Block - Michael's; LED battery operated 30 mini lights string - Walmart; Coarse Brushed Cherry Red Vinyl - Oh My Crafts; ribbon, floral pick - Michael"s; A Childs First Year Cricut cartridge.
I will have a blog prize at the end of this 12 Days of Christmas blog hop. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is to be a follower and to leave a comment. If you leave a comment on each day you will be entered in the drawing one time for each comment, so you can have up to 12 entries in the drawing.
Now you are off to see what Monica at Simply Cricutting has created!!!!