Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sew Sweet

My sister is so sweet and thoughtful, just sayin'! She brought me a basketful of vintage goodies a while back. It was chalk full of wonderful things to create with. This card is in her honor and uses one of the vintage buttons that was in the basket.

I am entering it into this weeks card challenge at Lets Capture These Sketches.


This is the sketch:


Supplies used: cardstock - black, red; patterned papers - Dress Form from Timeless Collection by Kaiser Craft, June & Accent Cuts from Portrait Collection by Crate Paper; border punch - Martha Stewart; buttons and twine - my stash; word stickers - Kitch Sticker Market by The Girls' Paperie; Pop Dots



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Esther!
This card is adorable! Your sister should love it. I love the aqua, red and black combo:) http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com

Mom said...

What a beautiful card just because of the beauty in and of itself but it is also a lovely tribute to your sister. Extraordinary !!

Crafterkhush said...

Those buttons are marvelous Esther.. and that cut sewing machine.. :-)... I am sure your sister is going to love it...!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I saw your adorable card with your buttons and thought of the gift you received before I read what you wrote, really perfect card, love it :)

Monique said...

Beautiful Card so glad you shared with us! Thanks for playing along with LCOM Card Sketch! Keep playing along and also keep an eye open for what is going to be changing with the Card sketches/team in the next few months!

CathyK said...

I. LOVE. THIS. CARD. The colors are just perfect and the buttons pull it all together! I love the sewing machine...sew cute! Thank you for the tribute! You are awesome and I love you! You made my year!

CraftyJAR said...

I love this card. You have been very busy since I visited last. You should put a subscribe button on your site so I wont miss out on your gorgeous work.
Judy