Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Love Light Box for Valentine's Day

My sister saw a cute Light Box on Pinterest and asked me if I could make one for her. Of course I said yes. I made it similar to the one she saw, but used a different "Love" and added some hearts, I hope she likes it.

I ran around Reno trying to find a small set of the mini white lights to put in it, but everywhere I tried were out of them, so in my pics it is not lit up. I guess I will have to order some on-line.


The front is red vinyl cut using my Silhouette with a file from Silhouette Studio. I modge podged a piece of pink tissue paper to the back. Finished it of with a couple different wire edged ribbons tied around the sides.


I'm feeling like it still needs something more on top, but haven't figured out what yet.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Supplies used - Glass Block - KraftyBlok; pink tissue paper - drug store; red vinyl - Oh My Crafts; wire edged ribbon - Michaels; Modge Podge - Michaels

8 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Esther, what a cute light box....that's a bummer you couldn't find lights. It looks super pretty. You thought it was missing something...how about add a couple charms down from the bow??
TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

ScrappyRae10 said...

OMG this is super cute. Love love love it!

Mom said...

I love the light box just as it is now, but I do think that the mini lights would add a pretty touch and help to brighten up these dark, cool, winter nights. Very lovely creation.

girlia said...

too cute

Donna said...

Roses! Red roses!!

Blessings,
Donna

Ladybug said...

Esther --- very pretty! I'm sure your Sis will love it. I esp. love the "hearts".

p.s. I have a Blog Award waiting for you, on my blog. :-)

Linda
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

CathyK said...

I. LOVE. IT.!!!!! Thank you sooooo much! I am so blessed to have you as my sister !!!!!! Love you and THANK YOU!!!

Beebeebabs said...

OMG this is sooo cute tfs!!!