Sunday, February 6, 2011

Upcycle Frappuccino 4 Pack

I am not claiming to be the first to think of recycling a Starbucks Frappuccino 4 Pack into a gift. It's been done many times before. I just think it is a super fun way to re-use the bottles. It's actually not just recycling but upcycling 'cause you're kicking it up a notch, as Emirel would say.

So you start with a Starbucks 4 pack of Frappuccino which you can get at any grocery store.
You'll have to drink the coffee (darn it) so that you can clean and use the empty jars. I peeled off the labels. They come off easily in hot water. After the jars are clean and dry you're ready to have fun.

I chose the Je t'Adore line of paper by Making Memories.

I happened to have an extra frap carton that I had saved, so I took it apart and used it for a template to cut the paper I was covering the carton with. I used Pink Dots for the carton and handle. I sanded all the edges after glueing it to the carton. Then I cut two 3 1/4" strips of Tres Jolie Collage paper. I distressed the top edge, cut the strips so that they fit around the carton and then glued them on top of the dot paper leaving the dot paper showing at the top.
I added some die cuts with pop dots to the front and back. The die cuts are also in the Je t'Adore line. Then I tied a organza ribbon to the handle and trimmed the bottom with this gorgeous rose ribbon I found at my local scrapbook store.

Now I was ready to decorate the bottles!



I used Pattern Stripe amd Tres Jolie Brocade papers for the jars, cut 2 1/4" wide. I inked the edges and glued the paper to the jars. I punched 1 3/4" circles in matching paper for the lids and inked the edges of those also. Then I decorated the jars with die cuts, charms and ribbon and filled them with candy. Voila the finished product!!!


Supplies Used: patterned paper - Pink Dots, Tres Joie Collage, Pattern Stripe, and Tres Jolie Brocade from Je T'Adore line by Making Memories; rub ons - Ned Jr. sidekicks and Kate miniMarks by American Crafts; die cuts - Je t'Adore by making memories; pigment ink - cupcake by Doodlebug; Ribbon - Offray; garment pin - Making memories; 1 3/4" circle punch - EK Success; charms and safety pin - my stash.

Hope you liked it! I always LOVE your comments!

5 comments:

karebari said...

This is my FAVORITE!!! I love your blog posts!

Angie said...

So cool! I love the upcycling idea.

Mom said...

OMGOSH !! It is ADORABLE !! I LOVE what you did. Charming !! What a great gift to give and to receive. Keep those creative juices flowing !

CathyK said...

This is an adorable and creative way to upcycle or recycle products. Personally, I like the brown and pink color combination, so this Starbuck's item works well with what you are doing with it. What a great gift idea with the bonus of reusing another product!

JustYolie said...

Esther this is FABULOUS!! I love this idea! TFS!