Thursday, February 3, 2011

Great Graphic Cards

In todays economy we all have to watch our budgets. Sometimes I really love a card, but can't just go out and buy all the embellishments needed to make the card. I've found that my Cricut machine comes in very handy at that time. Such is the case with the following card called Grin. I loved it, but just couldn't go out and purchase everything needed to make it. I went to one of my new favorite web sites Cricut Search and was able to find the all the images needed, on cartridges I owned, to make the card.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - black, red, cream and white; patterned paper - anthem - classic by Sassafras; smile word cut from Going Places Cricut cartridge; word bubble cut from Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge; camera cut from Locker Talk cricut cartridge; corner rounder punch - Fiskars; 1/2" circle punch - Paper Shapers by EK Success; Black brad - Doodlebug.

I chose Triple Birthday for the next card because it looks very manly. I seem to always be short of birthday cards for guys.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - kraft and white; clear overlay - mini graph by Hambly; corner rounder punch - Fiskars; font - Desdemona; hemp cord - Crafers Square; buttons - my stash


The last card I chose, actually inspired me to do another "guy" card. Just changing my choice of paper and embellishments turned Black Flower Silhoutte from a feminine card to a manly one.

Card is 5 1/2 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - brown; patterned paper - Zach's Life by Little Yellow Bycicle; journaling die cut - summer journaling die cuts by Scenic Route; blue felt stars - felt fusion by Queen & Co.; sentiment stamp - Hero Arts: ink - brown-Inkadinkado.

LOVE your feedback!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great Guy Cards ! The changes you made "kicked them up" that is for sure. Cards for guys are not easy to find and these are so appropriate. Card On !

CathyK said...

I liked all of these cards! My favorite is probably the Star one. It looks patriotic, manly, and fun! Fantastic job!