Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Die Cuttin' Divas Sketch Challenge

Is it just me, or is Starbucks putting Pumpkin Spice Latte's out in August jumping the gun on fall?

I like Pumpkin Spice, don't get me wrong, but let's let summer run its course first. Why do we have to rush all the seasons? Halloween decor in stores in August, etc. I don't want to think about Halloween when it is 90 outside, even though it is my favorite holiday.

OK, rant over, LOL.

Ready for a new challenge?

Our challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas this week is a sketch challenge.

.




I chose to use this sketch to make a Thank You card for teachers.

I used some adorable papers by Doodlebug and a cute cut file from Silhouette Studio.



I just love the worms eyes!

The cut file happens to be from Doodlebug too, and you can purchase it here.



Supplies used: cardstock - white, black, red, grey, brown, 2 shades of green; patterned papers by Doodlebug; Silhouette Studio cut file; thanks die by Simon Says Stamp; enamel dots by Recollections.

Now pop on over to Die Cuttin' Divas and see all the fabulous inspiration the rest of the design team has come up with.


Hope to see you playing along with us!!!!



8 comments:

mum of two said...

Love this Esther!! TFS :)

Michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Mom said...

Fun Card !! It will bring a smile to the teacher who receives it, for sure .

Unknown said...

Totally understand what you mean about rushing the seasons. In Miami Hobby Lobby starts putting Halloween/Fall stuff out near the end of June. I guess for those you make things to sell it's good:) What a great idea to have Thank you cars ready on handy for Teachers. They look fantastic and sure to make the teachers day:)

Evelyn said...

I'm right with you about rushing the seasons. Let's enjoy what we have!! I hate seeing all the Halloween and Christmas stuff that's ALREADY in stores near me.

Your card is darling. His eyes are so cute, looks like he's wide awake and ready to learn!! Beautiful papers, too. Can't go wrong with Doodlebug, can you? ♥️

Evelyn

Scrapper69 said...

Super CUTE card! LOVE the adorable worm and fun Doodlebug Papers!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Treva said...

Really cute card, love the papers and that apple really stands out!

CA Scrapper said...

So cute!! I agree, the pumpkin spice comes out earlier every year. Now, if they brought out the peppermint mochas now, I would be totally fine with that!

Have a good weekend.
Leslie

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Love the pretty papers you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda.