Monday, December 24, 2012

Nativity Cube

Merry Christmas!!!!!

I wanted to share a Nativity Cube I made. I saw it about a week ago on Jen Del Muro's blog  I ♥ 2 Stamp and fell absolutely in love with it!!!!

I started out with a piece of 4X4 that my husband cut for me. I sanded it and painted it with off white acrylic paint. After the paint dried I sanded the edges to give it a worn look. I took five 1" doll head/knobs and painted them with black acrylic paint. I glued 4 on the bottom for the feet and one on the top. I then gave the whole thing a coat of Mod Podge and let it dry.

While the Mod Podge was drying I picked out my cuts from the Silhouette Studio store. I sized each cut file so that it would fit on to my cube and then cut them out of black vinyl and attached them to each side of the cube. I then went over the whole thing with another coat of Mod Podge. When that coat dried I added some rhinestones to the stars and the knob on the top. I tied a sheer bow around the knob, cut the pine branches out with a Silhouette cut file and glued those on top. Threaded a jingle bell with twine and glued that on for the final touch.










Supplies used: wood 4X4 block - Home Depot; 1" wood doll head/knobs, off white and black acrylic paint, Mod Podge, jingle bell, ribbon - Michaels; black vinyl - Hobby Lobby; rhinestones - Hero Arts; twine - my stash; green card stock; Silhouette Studio cut files.

Thank you Jen for such a fun and beautiful project!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Mom said...

Oh My, this Nativity is so very beautiful. I love the simplicity of it and the way in which you used the silhouettes. Great Job !!

Pat N. said...

How beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas.

chillin with Quillin said...

this is so beautiful !!!!
Paula

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS.......this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love this Esther! The cuts and vinyl wording is just beautiful! What a beautiful home docor piece! This would make a fabulous Christmas gift as well!
FABULOUS creation!~
Also, I hope you and your family habe a wonderful Christmas!
Sherrie K

Donna said...

Dear Esther,

How pretty and blessed we are by your creative passion. Thank you for sharing. This is so cute!

Been some time since I've popped on to my blog and I wanted to stop in and say hello to one of my favorite bloggy friends. I know you've popped by my Pinterest, too, and I yours.

Be well this year, may our Lord continue His blessings upon you.

Merry Christmas and my best for a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Blessings,
Donna

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Esther!! I absolutely love it!! I have to make one of these for next year!! Thank you for the amazing inspiration!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CathyK said...

Very pretty! I just love the silhouettes.