Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Batty Halloween

My favorite holiday is fast approaching!!! Time for me to start getting ready for my annual Halloween bash. I pick a new theme each year and this year I am going back and forth between "Hero's and Villains" or "Science Fiction". Any thoughts?

Anyway, todays card is for a challenge over at Clean and Simple using this sketch:


The minute I saw this sketch I thought of a swarm of bats, so here is my take:


Supplies used : cardstock - kraft, black; stamp - Spooky Night collection by American Crafts; ink - Tuxedo Black by Memento; Silhouette Studio cut file.


13 comments:

Kim H said...

Esther ~ Alright LOVE how CAS this is but to be honest CLEVER!!! OMG! In a zillion years I would have never thought about this and I TRULY ADORE it!!! I am going to have to lift this at some point giving TOTAL credit to you! I REALLY mean ADORE!!!

jessica said...

This is awesome Esther! Love your take on the sketch and those bats are just too cute!!!!
TFS and have a GREAT day!!

CathyK said...

I am "batty" over this card!!!

CraftyJAR said...

Gorgeous Esther. Love the cute bats its just perfect!
Judy

Mom said...

Great use of the layout sketch for this card and, in addition, the bats are sooooo cute !!!

Migdalia said...

Great Sketch!!!Fantastic Card!!

Lisa said...

What an awesome card!! The bats are so fun (on a card, not in real life ;) Love your take on the sketch :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love this so simple and elegant!

Norma said...

OMG! fantastic add with the bats and I never thought of bats and I did that sketch:0 very clever Esther!! Great take on the sketch for sure and I hope you win the challenge:)
Hugs,
Norma

Cheryl said...

What a cute bat card!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great take on the sketch, Esther! Love that it's a CAS Halloween card!

Hquinzelle said...

I love this card!

JustYolie said...

Oh so clever using bats!!!