Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easter Joy Card

Hi everyone! Hope you're not getting tired of my Easter cards 'cause I have another one for you.
This card was made for Card Patterns weekly sketch blog. Here is the sketch for this week:












Here is my interpretation:
I did a paper pieced egg, glued onto cardstock and then machine stitched. I zigzag stitched where the pieces meet in the middle of the egg and just used regular stitching around the outside. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

Supplies used: cardstock - white and two shades of pink; patterned paper - Cloud from Blue Hill Collection by Crate Paper and Tickled Pink "Delicate" & "Delighted" from fine and dandy collection by My Minds Eye; swiss dots and flower embossing folders by Sizzix; ribbon - JoAnn's; rub on - Sentimental Rubz by My Sentiments Exactly; label sticker - Hazel "Lovely" in Stella & Rose by my Minds Eye; flower - Prima; pearl - Studio 112; border punch - EK Success; sewing machine.

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

whoistracy said...

So sweet! Love that pretty egg you made and the soft colors. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

Mom said...

I LOVE the colors and embellishments on this darling card. It says "Happy Easter" and "Happy Spring". Great Carding !

Raven B said...

Awe looks like I found a new favorite blog to follow woot woot!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the guilted egg I may have to scraplift that one! Super cute.
Hugs,
Raven

~amy~ said...

pretty easter card...love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Norma said...

Hi Esther, love the card!!! Love the different paper used on the egg and the emboss on it just LOVE it!! TFS and have a fabulous weekend!!!
Hugs

Cindy Beland said...

Great job on your card!I love it,and you WON at my blog!!! If you would like the prize you need to e mail me your address @ cbeland@hughes.net so I can send it to you. :)