Saturday, March 12, 2011

St. Patrick's Day, Wedding and Baby

I want to apologize for not posting anything new this week. I only have a small amount of time a day free to craft and this week I had to spend that time in my office getting ready for my tax appointment :( which is not the way I would of liked to spend the week, but unavoidable. I did finally get back to my room yesterday and I have five cards to show you today!

I'm still in the Classy and Elegant category of my Card Style Magazine challenge to myself. The first card for today is based on Miss You. Since St. Patty's Day is coming I decided to use its clean design to make a St. Patrick's card.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - green; patterned paper - St. Patrick's by Best Creation Inc.; ribbon - limeade boutique trims by Doodlebug; shamrock stickers - Dept. 44; rub on - Calendar Ned jr. Sidekicks minMarks by American Crafts.


On the next page, Pink & Black Get Well was my inspiration for another St. Patrick's Day card. The paper I chose was already so pretty and had the perfect sentiment, so all I did was add a few rhinestones and used a border punch.

Card is 4 X 6

Supplies used: cardstock - green; patterned paper - Lucky in Lucky Me by Little Yellow Bicycle; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft; border punch - Martha Stewart.


I fell in love with Sweet Baby on the next page and I had just come across this beautiful paper that I thought would be perfect for this card. If you get a chance check out this line of paper (listed in my supplies) it has wonderful chipboard elements, alphabets and the paper itself is adorable!

Card is 5 1/2 x 4

Supplies used: cardstock - mustard yellow; patterned paper - Dresses and Fabrics in Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper; ribbon - Michael's; scallop circle punch - Stampin' Up; circle punch - EK Success; flourish stamp - Windsor collection by SEI; rub on - Kate sidekicks miniMarks by American Crafts; floral embellishments - Petaloo; pearls - Kaiser Craft.


On the next page I picked My Friend and envisioned it as a romantic wedding card.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - cream; patterned paper - Noir Polka Dot Rose from Paper Reverie by Making Memories; stamps - Spring mini clear assortment by Inkadinkadoo; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft; ribbon - Michael's; rose embellishment - Paper Reverie Noir Baubles by Making Memories.


My last card for today, and also the last in the Classy and Elegant category, is Stylish Mother's Day, which I also thought would make a beautiful wedding card by changing the color and paper choices.

Card is 4 1/4 X 5 3/4

Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned paper in Mimosa collection by SEI; chipboard element in Mimosa by SEI; ribbon - Michael's; border punch - EK Success; rhinestones - Kaiser Craft.

Next I'll be on to Shabby Chic & Vintage which is the last category in the Card Style magazine!

Have a sensational Saturday!

2 comments:

Mom said...

All of the cards are so lovely. Wow !! It is hard for me to pick a favorite. If I must I think that the Luck of the Irish card is very special. It makes my heart sing. Maybe it is because I have a bit of Irish in my heritage. The Sweet Baby card is precious-a keepsake for sure. Even though you had to delay your crafting your creativity is in full bloom.

CathyK said...

I love them all!!!!!