Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shabby Chic and Vintage

Today starts a new category in the Card Style magazine, it is also the last category, Shabby Chic and Vintage. It is soft, using lace & ribbon and also uses inking and distressing so that the final product looks weathered and worn. To make it vintage you take it a bit further by adding antique trims, images, trinkets and other found objects.

For the first card I chose Floral Feel Better. I loved the roses and the soft colors.

Card is 51/2 X 4 1/4

Supplies used: cardstock - pink and green; patterned paper - Fabrics and Dresses in Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper; rose chipboard element - Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper; journal card - Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper; alphabet stickers - diva shimmer by Making Memories; ribbon - Michael's; lace - JoAnn's; embossing folder - Sizzix; button - eclectic buttons in Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper; pearls - Kaiser Craft.


I just loved the bird in Peachy Hello, so I had to make my own version of this card.

Card is 4 1/2" square

Supplies used: cardstock - cream; patterned paper - pinking shears in Curio by Basic Grey; sticker - element stickers in Curio by Basic Grey; lace and pearl trim - JoAnn's; ribbon - Oasis by SEI; button - my stash; flower brad - Making Memories; glazed brad - Basic Grey; flower - Prima; bird was cut from Give a Hoot Cricut cartridge at 2" and circle was cut from George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge at 4".


For card number three I chose Birthday Cheer because I liked the way they used a vintage image, but I put my own spin on it and made it an Easter card.

Card is 4 X 5 1/2

Supplies used: cardstock - yellow; pattterned paper - Depot Park and Main Street in Hometown by October Afternoon; vintage image - Seasonal Booklet by Crafty Steals; lace - JoAnn's; ribbon - Michael's; border punch - Martha Stewart; flowers - Recollections and Prima; button - my stash.


Last, but not least, I thought that the Birthday Girl Cupcake was such a yummy card I just had to make it also.

Card is 4 X 5

Supplies Used: cardstock - kraft and cream; patterned paper - Corsage, Sprinkles and My Party in Wishful Thinking by Fancy Pants Designs, Inc. and Sheet Music in Timeless Collection by Kaiser Craft; ribbon - Jenny Bowlin; lace - JoAnn's; flower - prima; button - my stash; ink - cocoa by ColorBox; rub on - sentiments by Crate Paper; glitter - Crystal Coarse by Martha Stewart; Glossy Accents by Inkssentials; cupcake cut from Celebrations Cricut cartridge at 3".


Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I LOVE every one of these cards ! I could not pick a favorite. Wow ! The embellishments on each card are so "right" for each one of the cards. What beautiful cards to send or receive. Card On !

CathyK said...

Another beautiful set of cards!