Friday, January 17, 2014

First Day of School


Today I am sharing a layout of my grandson Jeff's first day of Kindergarten!

He was so excited to be starting school and you can just see it in his face. His sister was so upset that she couldn't go with him. She had her backpack on and was sure she would be able to go to school too.
It was hard for her to understand that she had to wait two more years.

I "cased" a layout I saw on Pinterest by Susan Goetter. I used some old papers by Pebbles, that I have had for many years, but still love. I did a little stitching around the edge, in yellow, to highlight the yellow in Jeff's sign he is holding.







Supplies used: card stock - recycled white, black, yellow; patterned papers - School Words, School Dots, School Dot/Line all by Pebbles and a scrap from my stash; Bazzill stitching template; DMC floss #444; star punch - EK Success; chipboard - Appleton by Scenic Route; stickers - Pebbles and American Traditional Designs



4 comments:

Mom said...

Cute and colorful. The layout is so very well done also as are the photos.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the design!! The photos are so sweet!! Awesome layout!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Esther, this is so stinken cute:) I love the fun pictures and the way you arranged everything on your layout! SO fun!! Great design!
Sherrie K

Kim H said...

Okay Esther ~ you are ROCKIN these LO's! OMG! Well you know how darn CUTE these little ones are ~ right? I LVOE all the details and the fun papers! Of course she wanted to go to school ~ he big brother was going! Her day will come!