Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thank You So Very Much


This is my second post for today, if you are looking for the Autumn Blessings blog hop click here.

This is a little CAS card I'd like to share with you that I made for this weeks challenge at Casology.



This weeks cue is orange.

I went with an orange card stock for my card base. I cut a background out with my Cameo using a Silhouette Studio cut file, and glued it to my card base. I matted a piece of kraft card stock onto a slightly larger piece of brown and then cut a leaf out of the corner, again using a Silhouette Studio cut file. I attached a piece of transparency to the back of the leaf cut out so that I could glue the leaf vein on. I added a rub on and a little twine bow and then attached it to my car base with Pop Dots for dimension.




Supplies used: card stock - orange, brown, kraft; Silhouette Studio cut files; transparency sheet - Office Depot; rub on - American crafts; twine - my stash.

14 comments:

Mom said...

This is a card that would be perfect to include with a hostess gift for all those we want to thank who have Thanksgiving at their home. And, in addition, it will be a nice "Thank You" note for the entire Fall season.

Georgiana said...

What a neat looking card with this cut out window.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the background design!! Absolutely fabulous...I love it!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely gorgeous!! i love how you die cut the leaf and then overlayed the negative on top of the lattice die cut.. thanks for playing along with CASology!!

Adrian said...

So pretty! Love the colors and simplicity!

Jen W. said...

Such a fun design and I love the perfect placement of the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at CAsogy this week!

Heidi said...

What a fun idea to have it "show" through. Very nice! TFS!Live for Scrappin

CathyK said...

Love the colors in this card. It is very pretty!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a great idea! I love anything fall!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a beautiful card-very cool design Esther! love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Ardyth said...

Love the graphic feel to this card! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card, love your background. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Melissa said...

What a wonderfully modern design! LOVE the way you created the leaf!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

Kim H said...

Ether ~ Alright I think this card is just GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the colors and the way you did the cut outs!! OMG!! So CAS for sure!!! Cool idea!!!