Friday, June 15, 2012

Guest designer for We R Memory Keepers

Awhile back I posted a card to the We R Memory Keepers facebook page that I had made with their Peep collection. You can view a picture of it here. Well, I was delighted and thrilled when they contacted me and invited me to be a guest designer for them. They sent me some paper and goodies from their Down On The Boardwalk collection and gave me free reign to create whatever I would like.

I'd like to share the projects I came up with for them.

The first is an invitation which has a slot you can put a small sample size of sunscreen in. I thought it would be so fun for a pool or beach party. The cut file for this is a chapstick card which I enlarged  to 9 X 11.525, so the slot could hold a small tube of sunscreen instead. When closed it measures
4 X 5 1/8 X 1. The title is also cut out with a Silhouette Studio cut file.



I added the cute bottom cut off strip to the right side of the inside. I stamped the invite on patterned paper, matted it and attached to the left inside. The flip flops are a Silhouette Studio cut file.





Supplies used: patterned papers - Sunbathe, Sea Breeze, Gone Surfin and Waves from Down On The Boardwalk by We R Memory Keepers; corner rounder - Fiskars; ribbon - my stash; Silhouette Studio cut files; letter stickers - Authentique; stamp - Hero Arts; suntan lotion.

Next I'd like to share a couple of easy, peasy cards I made. Both using a couple of their darling tags as the focal point of the front of the cards.




Supplies used: cardstock - kraft, brown; patterned papers - Barnacle & Beachball in Down On The Boardwalk by We R Memory Keepers; tags from Down on the Boardwalk by We R Memory Keepers; ribbon - my stash; brads - Basic Grey and my stash; photo corner punch - EK Success.

And, last but not least, I'd like to share a layout:





Supplies used: patterned papers - Barnacle, Coastline, Beach Towel, Gone Surfin, Beachball and Sunbathe all from Down On The Boardwalk by We R Memory Keepers; chipboard stickers - Layered Chipboard in Down On The Boardwalk by We R Memory Keepers; crochet lace - Down On The Boardwalk by We R Memory keepers; circle punches - EK Success; Silhouette Studio Cut Files; sewing machine; rub on - American Crafts; bubble dots - my stash.

This is a super fun line of paper and embellishments, just perfect for any summer themed project you may have in mind. I hope my creations have given you some inspiration of what you can do with these fantastic papers. 

I would like to thank We R Memory Keepers for giving me this wonderful opportunity! It was so much fun playing with all their great products. I am honored that they thought enough of one of my creations to ask me to be a guest designer for them!!

Hop on over to the We R Memory Keepers facebook page, "like" them while you're there and give them a shout out that I sent you.! They have lots of wonderful inspiration for you.


13 comments:

jessica said...

congrats on your guest designer spot!! These projects are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!

Donna said...

Everything is so 'cool' for summer projects! Great spot as a guest designer, Esther - congrats!

Have a cool weekend - supposed to be hot here, and I imagine where you are too!

Hugs,
Donna

Crafterkhush said...

I love the one you made as an invite.. Looks spectacular... and so do the others but the invite is my fav!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Esther! What an honor. Your projects are just beautiful! Love the idea of putting the sunscreen in the invitation:)

CraftyJAR said...

Congrats Esther!! You made some beautiful projects with the goodies. I love the layout and that invitation with the sunscreen included is a great idea.
Judy

Mom said...

Congratulations on becoming a guest designer for We R Memory Keepers. You did them proud ! All of your work is so colorful and fun. I especially like the way you placed the sunscreen in the invitation. That "kicks it up a notch".

Stamp with Sandy said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! What an honro!

I really LOVE your sunscreen card! Can you share how it's made? I'd love to make one. I have the perfect person to give it to.

Thanks for sharing!

CathyK said...

Congratulations on being asked to be a gueast designer!!! Love all of your projects!

Beebeebabs said...

Nice work - congrats!!!

glowegal said...

Aww so cute!! Congrats on the guest DT spot!! New follower from Ginger Snap Scraps!

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats on your GD spot!! Love your projects!!! I really liked the sunscreen invitation-how clever and such a cute idea:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Esther~ OMG! CONGRATS on guest DTing! Okay the cards are just FABULOUS! The invite witht he sun screen ~ BRILLIANT! That is way to CLEVER and COOL! What a AWESOME layout too! The papers are just FANTASTIC for summer! ALL the details ~ like ALWAYS~ look AMAZING! AWESOME job Esther!!!!

JustYolie said...

Congrats on being a GD!!! I love all of your Summer projects....as ALWAYS wonderful job!!