Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whimsical Designs "Clean and Simple" Challenge


I hope everyone in the US enjoyed their July 4th weekend!!! We had a fabulous time at our annual trek to Donner Lake. The fireworks over the lake are the best ever!!! My 5 year old grandson sang "It's a Beautiful Night" from Lady and the Tramp, during the whole fireworks display. His own version as you may imagine. It was so cute, he just sang the whole time, he was so happy :)

Well, as it is Wednesday, it is time for a new challenge over at Whimsical Designs! This weeks challenge is "Clean and Simple", create a CAS card with minimum layers and embellishments.

Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is Crafty Sentiments. The winner will pick 3 digis of their choice!


For my card, I used a darling image from Crafty Sentiments called Rose and Roxy. I printed my image directly on to my card base and also on to a piece of patterned paper so I could fussy cut her dress out. I colored her with Copic markers. My sentiment is from Stephanie's Everyday Sentiments


Since our card was to be CAS, I only added a little piece of ribbon and a button tied with twine to my image.



Supplies used: card stock - recycled white; patterned paper - Yumberry from Hello Luscious by Basic Grey; digital image - Crafty Sentiments Designs; Copic markers; ribbon - American Crafts; button - my stash; twine - Liz's Paper Loft Boutique; stamp - Everyday Sentiments by Whimsical Designs; ink - Tuxedo Black by Memento.

Now, stop by Whimsical Designs and peruse the CAS cards the design team has created! I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us this week!!!

12 comments:

CathyK said...

She is just darling! This card is perfect with just that little added touch with the red and the ribbon. It "pops"! Love it!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! That little girl and her dog are adorable!! What an awesome card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mom said...

OMGOSH !! This is adorable. Everything is perfect !! Great Job !!

Mom said...

OMGOSH !! This is adorable. Everything is perfect !! Great Job !!

Adrian said...

She is cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet is this image:) The little girl is just adorable and love the coloring! Fabulous card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow, your card is so sweet! I love what you did with the image! Simply perfect CAS card.

DaileyScrapper said...

so, so, so sweet! I love her! LOL
Yvette

Julie Odil said...

I love this! She is so sweet. Her print dress is the perfect touch.

chillin with Quillin said...

so adorable, love it !!!!
Paula

Sue Jones said...

Just Gorgeous -love the P paper you have used for her dress.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card, Esther! Great job with the clean, CAS design.