Saturday, July 21, 2012

Home Decor and More Blog Hop Day #2

Welcome to the Home Decor & More blog hop! This is a 2 day event, so be sure and join us both days for even more projects! Our host is Cicily the Pink Dalmatian Scrapbooker. If you came from Becka at Creations With Becka then you're in the right spot. 
If you want to start from the beginner than head on over to our host Cicily at Pink Dalmation Scrapper and hop your way thru some amazing home decor. The Pink Dalmatian is giving away blog candy, you can see all the details on her post. Some of the other hoppers may be giving away candy to so be sure & check them out.


We all have drawers, closets & possibly rooms full of scrapbooking supplies. Those beautiful, colorful supplies don't have to be limited to our pages. We hope to inspire you to use your supplies in Home Decor projects that add that special touch to our homes.  I have come up with two different menu boards that would be a great addition to any kitchen. 


I love to have my glass of wine in the evening. My project today lets you incorporate both the corks and the labels from your favorite bottles. 



I started with a 12 X 12 canvas and modge podged a piece of Harlequin Cream paper by 7gypsies on to the canvas. On top of that I modge podged several different labels from my favorite wines. 

*To remove labels from your wine bottles set your oven to 350ยบ, when your oven reaches temperature place your wine bottles in for approx. 10 minutes and when you remove the bottles the lables should peel off easily. This method works for most labels.

I also modge podged on the letters "Vintage Wine" which are from a Tim Holtz paper.


When the modge podged papers dried I sprayed the with Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution by Tsukineko, and then immediately wiped it with a soft cloth. Then put a coat of modge podge over the entire board.
Next I glued a 4 X 4 pice of cork in the middle. On the cork I glued metal letters to say "MENU" and a clip to hold your paper. 


Throughout the board I randomly glued some wine corks.




I also attached a couple of cute wine related push pins.

Voila a cute menu board for you kitchen or bar!


Thanks for stopping & looking at my Home Decor project, I hop you enjoyed my projects.


Now before you head off, I do have some blog candy to give away:





To be entered to win this unfinished wood clock to make your home decor project with you will need to do the following:


1. Be a follower of my blog


2. Comment on both days of the hop


Good Luck!!!!!

We love comments & you should too, they get you entries into the blog candy giveaways! 


Now head on over to Tammy at The Purple Muse


In case you get detoured along the way, here's the blog lineup:
Cicily Lesher  www.pinkdalmationscrapper.blogspot.com
LissaMarie www.somanycrafts.com
Robin Scott www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com
Melissa Pinter http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com
Jessi - http://mylifeinartsncrafts.blogspot.com/
Becka  http://creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
Esther http://forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com
Tammy http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com
Shannon - http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com/
Ashley - http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com/
Maria Matter - http://JoyfulStamper.blogspot.com
Shawnee - http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com
liz mullen- http://scrapiliciouslife.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Unknown said...

i got this far in the hop when i was redirected to the Link up for Pink blog hop. Thanks for that, too. Your projects are amazing! Love the board.

i am a follower

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

CathyK said...

What a fun menu board! Perfect for a bar!! Great job

Lissa Marie said...

Oh how I love this, it is almost like my project post, but yet
not at all! Great job!

Lissa Marie said...

Oh how I love this, it reminds me of my project but way better, but yet not the same. Great job!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Absolutely wonderful, what a creation. Love the antiquing effect. TFS

jessica said...

WOW!!! My favorite Home Decor project!! I will have to remember this...what a GREAT gift idea!!! I save all my wine corks and have a big glass bowl filled with them....always looking for cool projects to use them with....This is it!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Auntie Em said...

Wow, your cork board is so well done! I like the distressing and papers you used. I know a few people this would make a great Christmas gift for.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

great project

Mom said...

This is so perfect to present to any wine lover. All the labels, colors and embellishments make it an extra special gift/decorative piece for the lucky recipient. Really GREAT job !!

CraftyJAR said...

Lovely. It really nice memory board. I love the vintage feel and I really like the added touches with the corks. Great idea.
Judy

Sherrie K. said...

oh my gosh, what an awesome project!!! I love this idea Esther! This would be such a great idea for gift giving:)
Love this!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love your vintage cork board. Great idea.

xo,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I am so going to ask my sister to save her wine bottles for me. This is just the project I was looking for for a couple family members. TFS
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
(email follower)

Anonymous said...

Love Your Menu Board It's Gorgeous .

Pink Dalmatians said...

Esther this is awesome! I love it. Thanks for hopping with us!

Unknown said...

I love the menu board.It turned out great.

Maria Matter said...

very cool Esther...and gorgeous!!!

Kim H said...

Esther ~ Okay I LOVE your project! The paper is just GORGEOUS! But the idea ~ oh how fun would this be to do!!! I have to try this! LOVE the details that you added! Oh your post ~ totally CRACKED me up too! Amazing how much stuff we all seem to have ...right?? AWESOME project and Thanks for the idea!!!

Robin said...

Awesome project. Love the vintage feel and look.

Robin
http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com
scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

silvia said...

Great board!! LOVE the wine corks!!

Norma said...

Hi Esther:) OMG! love your home Decor project and what a fantastic way to incorporate your very own corks form you favorite wines that you enjoy!! Fabulous vintage project. Thank you for sharing and have a fantastic Monday!!
Hugs,
Norma

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous!! I am so scraplifting this idea!! I save all the corks from wine bottles but never thought to save the labels!! I just LOVE this!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Gorgeous menu board!!! TFS

mvasquez69 at aol dot com

JustYolie said...

Wowzers, this turned out FANTASTIC!!