Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fluttering By To Say Hi

I saw this card on Pinterest and I thought it was so adorable and also so easy. Of course I had to pin it to my cards board and create my own version.

I simply cut out the butterflies with my Once Upon A Princess cartridge, first moving the blade about 1/3 of the way down the paper. I then hit "line Return" and cut out one more. I trimmed the paper using the negative space where the butterfly was cut. I glued the trimmed papers on my cardstock, and one of each butterfly flat, then the second cut of each butterfly I glued down only the body and bent the wings up. I added some buttons, rhinestones and my sentiment and my card was finished.


Supplies used: cardstock - white; patterned papers - First Date, Lucky Laugh, Pretty Please all in Neopolitan by American Crafts; Buttons - my stash; rhinestones - Bazzil; sentiment stamp from Wimsical Fun - Vol 1 by Whimsical Designs; Once Upon A Princess Cricut cartridge.

14 comments:

Mom said...

Awwww !! Beautiful card ! Great colors on the sweet butterflies and the play on words is so appropriate.

Pat N. said...

Well, that is the sweetest thing! So CAS. I might have to borrow your idea--it's just too cute to pass up. TFS!--Pat N.

Norma said...

OMG! love it and I can see why you pinned it:) Just lovely.
Hugs,
Norma

Sherrie K. said...

Love the look-beautiful card Esther!
Sherrie K
http//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

chillin with Quillin said...

sooo cute!!!!
Paula

scrapperbecka said...

Beautiful. I love the colors and the paper choice, great job!
Creations With Becka

CraftyJAR said...

Love, love, love this one! The idea is just beautiful.
Judy

Creative M said...

Sweetest card ever!!!!TFS

Cindy said...

WOW Esther,Your card is just BEAUTIFUL!those butterflies are so sweet,AWESOME job my friend!!!:)

Donna said...

Hi Esther!

I love your Butterfly Card! This is just adorable!! I love cut outs with a shadow effect, and butterflies!

Thank you for sharing with us,
Blessings,
Donna

Kim H said...

Esther ~ I LOVE your card! What a CLEVER idea ~ again! The design is just PERFECT! BEAUTIFULLY done ~ as always!

Georgiana said...

FABULOUS! I really like this card! Never tried your technique, but I would like to try.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

CathyK said...

Awww!!! What an adorable card!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Love love how you did this!!! have to borrow the idea too!!!