Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sandtastic

I am working on my album of our families trip to Monterey. Today I have a page I made for the album that I am entering into the challenge at Once Upon A Sketch
You were to use this sketch:

I did some machine stitching and cut the seagulls with my Life's a Beach Cricut cartridge at 2 & 2 1/2"




Supplies used: cardstock - kraft; patterned paper - boogy board, hawaiian stripes and marina from Beach Bum by Fancy Pants; alphabet stickers - Mellow by Basic Grey; journaling spot - Jenni Bowlin; seagulls cut from Life's a beach Cricut cartridge; sewing machine and brown thread

Your comments make my heart happy, thank you!

11 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Esther, this is wonderful! Great page and I just love the sandtastic title! Too cool!

Mom said...

A great page for your album. I love the embellishments-seagulls and stitching look so good. The photos are such a good choice for the page. Great job !

Adrian said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Esther-I love he title. The color combo goes with with it too. I had to giggle when I saw the sea gulls. I grew up on Lake Huron. It has been a few years since I was there and I had forgotten about the seagulls until I saw your LO! Thanks for a rush of home memories! LOL http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

CathyK said...

Great job! I love the seagulls and the colors. What a creative title!

Norma said...

Lovely layout Esther!! I might just have to try that sketch since it's been a while since I've done a layout! Have a fabulous long weekend.
Hugs

Nadia Cannizzo said...

So sorry that you were not able to link this up! I have emailed this to the DT and you will be included in the random draw as well.

It is such a beautiful layout. LOVE the stitching! Gorgeous work. THANKS so much for playing alonG!

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous work ... love the stitching, photos and the colours you have chosen .. thanks so much for playing with us .. hugz x
sorry about the mix up .. you will still be counted in the draw ..xo

Bente Fagerberg said...

Absolutely adorable page. So full of Summer light and happiness! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Love the fabulous cut-outs of the birds! So much fun!!

Crafterkhush said...

I absolutely love the title.. Sandtastic it is... :-)